Josh Ehlert

I am a new member here and I would like to introduce myself, My name is Josh, and I just purchased a 1990 Integra GS. Slowest car I have ever owned. But it's alright. I never thought that I would own a Honda but I figured I would give it a shot. I have owned alot of Ford Probes. My last one was an 89 GT. I put on a precision t3/t4 turbo running 16psi with a custom exhaust manifold and supporting mods. I didnt get a chance to run it at the track but im pretty sure it was good for low 13's easy. Anywho, I have a few questions, I've been searching around for a few days and I'm not sure what I wanna do with the integra anymore.

I have a b16a motor in the garage that I didnt pay for but alot of you guys say stick with the ls over putting the b16 in. So now I think I just might take the b16 tranny and put it in, Will I notice a difference from this? How much of a difference? If I do end up using the b16 what do I need to make it work? From what I have read all I can come up with is the throttle cable might not work.

I have plans to turbo this car as I still have the precision t3t4 off of my probe and I wanna do it right the first time. Thanks for the help that anyone can give me in advance, and if you have some links thay may point me in the right direction feel free. I love to read and learn something new.

Also, I have a set of Hasport mounts that were meant for a b16 in an ef, can I use these?

Last edited:

99sil-teg

Jointhe Wingless Movement
Welcome and good call on moving on from a probe... because no matter how fast it is... its still a probe :lol:

imcnblu

Resident G2 Guru of C-I
welcome.

*depending on the year the B16 was produced, you might have to convert the motor to OBD-0.
*the mounts will work fine.
*throttle cable SHOULD swap right over to the new motor (could be mistaken)
*depending on the year, the transmission might have a hydraulic clutch (which will require one of two solutions, but we'll get into that later)
*an ecu that was made for it would be optimal (not sure of the ecu, but when i do my B20/VTEC Swap, i'm using a p28 ecu from a 95 civic si and getting hondata s300) as a NON-VTEC ecu will not run the motor correctly.
>>>the motor will run with a non-vtec ecu, but vtec will not engage, and you won't have a "red-line" high enough to even bother using a vtec motor<<<

everything else should pretty much swap right over, as certain trim-level Integra's came with B16's in them in Japan. so it should be a swap and drive affair (assuming you have all the necessary parts etc.)

hit me up, new guy ;) i'm the resident G2 Guru :lol:

Josh Ehlert

It is a b16a, so its obd0 which makes it easier for me and the tranny is also cable making it easier for me.

Spody02

Name: Cody
corolla's are badass drift cars, if you get the olds ones
but a probe is just like probing your own ass, or something just plain gay
nice to see you've moved to a real car, lol
how big is your t3/t4 i hate when people say i have a t3/t4 there is so many different sizes trims etc.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
It is a b16a, so its obd0 which makes it easier for me and the tranny is also cable making it easier for me.
That's kinda true. The cable will make it very simple to swap, but the first part makes it seem like all B16s are OBD0 which isnt true . Easy way to check is that the O2 sensor will have 1 wire for OBD0.

Man A

homewreker
welcome. lets see some pics!! sounds like you know some shit about cars too thats good.