New member. Have a few ?'s

Carl_James

I don't own an integra yet, but I hope to find one soon to take over daily driving duties from my truck. I'm not new hondas or acuras, having spent six years between driving a 97 prelude and 03 type-s, but I'm new to the 3rd gen tegs. So I have a few questions and hopefully they haven't been asked too many tmes.

I'm looking at buying a 94-01 gs-r coupe with a 5spd. I know the bumpers changed in the 98-01 models. Are there any other engine, body or interior differences between the 98-01 and 94-97 years that might make me go with the later models? I want to be sure I know exactly what I'm looking for so I get the right car.

Thanks,
-Carl

PogKai

B20VTEC
well let's see.. apart from body changes:

98+ changed the brake master cylinder
98+ changed the abs modulator
98+ changed the leather seats
98+ changed a bit in the interior.. ( A of acura of the airbag in the steering wheel instead of saying Acura)
I know that some years of GS-R changed the exhaust pipes.
some years I think 2000-up got Immobilizer.
No changes in the engine or tranny as far I remember, just OBD2A or OBD2B

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Differences
- 98-01 front bumper is more aggressive looking
- 98-01 rear bumper has faux diffuser
- Headlights are different size
- Bumper lights are different size
- 98-01 taillights are all red, 94-97 has amber turn signals
- 94-97 steering wheel says "Acura", 98-01 steering wheel has the "A" symbol
- 98-01 have a just a fuel lever, no hatch lever( that really suxs btw, I own a 99 now used to own a 94)

Here are some other differences found on Gen. 3 Integras that were not exclusive in the 94-97 to 98-01 changes
- Styling lines were added to the side mirrors in 96. Pre-96 Integras had smooth mirrors
- Side door moldings were color-matched to car’s body color in 97 for LS models and in 95 for SE models
- ODB II Introduced in 1996
- Keys have computer chip built-in in 2000
- Exhaust system changed in 2000 on GS-R models
- 96 up valve cover on LS is flat across over the cam section, 94-95 cover has raised parts over the cam section.

Also the fabric in the interior is a little different between the 94-97 to 98-01 models....the seat weave pattern is different and floor mats... BTW all parts on the 94-01 tegs are interchangeable, so if you buy a 94teg you could put a 98+ bumper on it, just you need the 98+ headlights and corner lights as well.