New, just bought 92 GSR ** need ADVICE **

kl33v3r

Hey everyone,

nice site!!

not good with cars but wanting to learn to do mods.
what ones are worth and what arent worth the money.

i have a few questions, some dumb.

1.) what is DA ?? and how do i know what version i have?
2.) i'm going to need brakes soon, but i was thinking of brembro's and nice big disk brakes, what do you guys recommend?
3.) do i get coilovers or springs? this car is going to be a fun daily driver, if that helps. oh yeah whats the difference?
4.) i would also like to stiffen up the suspension, what type of bar do i use in the trunk and engine?
5.) tires? i'm thinking of wider tires so the car looks alittle meaner but is that good/bad what sizes do you recommend.

lots of questions but i'm super newbie, thanks all

flame away

thanks all

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
1) You definitely have a DA. Look at the VIN on your dash.

2) For daily driving, I would just change the brake pads and maybe the rotors. A big brake kit is not required.

3) It's up to you. I'm using Ground-Control coilover sleeves and planning to get Tokico Illumina shocks/struts. My DB8 is a daily driver so I didn't really need to spend $1500-$2000 on coilovers if I'm not even gonna use them to their full potential.

4) To stiffin up the chassis, you can get front and rear strut tower bars, a c-pillar bar, and front and rear sway bars.

5) Tires... I don't know too much on the sizes for 14-inch wheels. That you can research yourself on tirerack.com

Welcome to ClubIntegra and good luck!

kl33v3r

thanks for the reply !!

what am i supposed to look for on the VIN to see if its a DA?

what break pads, rotors, sway bar kits do you recommend?

?? your saying i should stick to springs if i'm not going to use it a daily driver? if so what springs do you recommend?

i just got a phone call from the mechanic who did a once over on it and said that i need a new muffler.
so i was thinking of doing H/I/E

what do you guys think i should do??

open to any and all options

is it worth doing H/I/E

thanks again guys

BlueMistDA

the beginning of your VIN should say DA9 for the 3dr hatch and a bunch of numbers after that....(if its JDM, it might say DA6, thats be cool). a 4 dr g2 integra should say DB something.
I've heard HAWK brake pads are good. Check out racinglab.com to see what they are but id say you might be a ble to find a cheaper place than this site.
Personally, I have tien H techs with tokico HP blues and it brought it down about 2 inches. It depends on how low you want your ride height. I've also heard that coilovers are bumpy, but ask around because I've never had coilovers myself.
Alot of people get ground control, skunk2, tien Stechs, etc. Keep in mind when you lower your car you might have negative camber, so if you want to conserve your tires, you might need a camber kit to adjust it back to zero.

For H/I/E, it depends on what you plan on doing with your car....are you going for commute or race.

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
1.It the Vin number it will say "DA**" Then some numbers but the type you have is a GSR
2.Brembo Factory Style Rotors and Factory Brake pads are great
3. Springs I would say 1.8 drop max
4. The Best way to Shiften the car is Struts, Koni Yellow's or KYB AGX's

kl33v3r

WOW thanks guys

i don't really want to lower the car since i do live in BC i still get snow

i want this car to be a daily driver for back and forth for work for the wife and a fun car for us on the weekends.

i have a civic for my daily drive but its an 01 and i'm getting rid of it for a suv

thanks again all

i'm starting to research all the parts you guys mentioned

kl33v3r

what type of muffler should i get?
since i want a really decent performing car
i was thinking magnaflow muffler or Apexi WS Universal

kl33v3r

should i do HEI? or should i spend the money on some other mods
what should i do ?
just starting, so i you had to start from the begining what would you do ?

any and all suggestions welcomed

thanks

graveyardhippie

WOW thanks guys

i don't really want to lower the car since i do live in BC i still get snow

i want this car to be a daily driver for back and forth for work for the wife and a fun car for us on the weekends.

i have a civic for my daily drive but its an 01 and i'm getting rid of it for a suv

thanks again all

i'm starting to research all the parts you guys mentioned
depending on how much power you want to end up with. skunk 2 coilovers have a nice ride to them, and you can drop it to the ground in the summer, and raise it almost stock in the winter. that's the joys of coilovers. or if your lazy, u can spend 2 grand on airbags to do the same. and as far as what mods to do first. get your suspension down first, and while your doing that, think about what kind of hp or speed goal you want to achieve. b/c the type of intake and exhaust greatly depends on what kind of power adder your shooting for. it would be a waste to get a full exhaust then decided ur gonna go with a turbo set up. hopefully that helped you?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
kl33v3r said:
1.) what is DA ?? and how do i know what version i have?
YOU HAVE A DB2
Same as a DA, but if you are looking at your vin confused its because G2 GS-Rs are DB2s.

kl33v3r said:
2.) i'm going to need brakes soon, but i was thinking of brembro's and nice big disk brakes, what do you guys recommend?
If you want those big disks, you will have to get larger wheels. Brembos big brake kit for your car is almost $2500, and that is just the front.

If you just want larger rotors, power slot makes a kit.
Stock size rotors, I would look into Brembos and Power Slots. Hawk pads would be a nice step up also.

kl33v3r said:
3.) do i get coilovers or springs? this car is going to be a fun daily driver, if that helps. oh yeah whats the difference?
Springs, where it drops it drops.
Coil overs, raise and lower. Also some have tons of adjustablity, lets you dial them in to exaclty how you want them.

kl33v3r said:
4.) i would also like to stiffen up the suspension, what type of bar do i use in the trunk and engine?
If you have ABS you will be severly limited on front upper strut bars. My G2 is getting nothing but EM Racing bars, I love them.

kl33v3r said:
5.) tires? i'm thinking of wider tires so the car looks alittle meaner but is that good/bad what sizes do you recommend.
Your best bet would be to up the size of the rims to get wider tires. Other stock honda wheels look nice on our tegs. LS mesh, Si's, and blades all look good and are 15"s This one has 205-55R15, on slips.

kl33v3r said:
what type of muffler should i get?
RS*R Ex-Mag Cat back, best sounding cat-back exhaust on the market for the G2.

kl33v3r

thanks again.

the mechanic suggested an Alterflow Muffler
i'm sacred of getting a muffler that will sound "Ricey", you know.. the car is doing 10km/hr but the muffler sounds like its doing 150km/hr.

i don't want that but i do want something better then just stock

is the RS*R Ex-Mag Cat back better then the "Alterflow muffler" ?

thanks for all the info