new custom exhaust question

funnahguy

Hey,

Please don't lock this because it is specific. Well, i put a greddy header on a while back to get rid of that annoying header rattle. Anyway i now am getting high flow cat and a one of those custom bolt up piping kits for a sedan gsr from kteller the welding on a twin loop muffler. Now my question is will i have and problems going from a 2" header collector to a 2.25" high flow cat to a 2.5" piping kit? Or should i go with a 2" cat or a 2.5" cat?

Any comments or advice is appreciated.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Haha nobody is going to lock your thread man, this ain't H-T , by the way welcome to CI, well as long as you dont go smaller than the diameter of the collecto it will be fine to go to a 2.25 cat then a 2.5 piping just make shure that the twin loop muffler has a 2.5 intake piping, if it has a 2.25 intake like most of the twin loops have just get the cat back piping diameter to match the muffler an you'll be fine, I see you have a 4dr GOT PICS!!!!

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
ya man its cool over here dont worry bout gettin locked or harrassed as long as you dont go from big to small and not the other way around you should be ok but what kind of mods do you have to need that size pipeing that seems overkill tegsox will explain better when he see this thread hes the all motor and exhaust guru

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
We don't lock exhaust threads just for being exhaust threads, this isn't TI :)
No problem at all going 2, 2 1/4, 2 1/2. As long as you don't go down in size as you go back it's all good. Stay the same size or step up. It's a better idea for you to get the 2.25 cat, to make the transition in size a bit smoother than jumping from 2 to 2.5. May be less expensive, too 8)

funnahguy

alright sounds good. I do have a 2.5 inlet to a 3" tip twin loop. Does anyone know where to get a 2" cat flared to 2.5"? I have seen the 2" to 2.25 and 2.25 to 2.5... but not one that steps up 1/2 an inch. I will put some pics up as soon as i take some. Its raining out now tho :(.