New car..need quick suggestions

Jmoney187

LivinLow
It turns ou the guy selling me the LS is not anymore...which isnt to bad becuz i been searching and i've found a few gsr's that i might get. (V-tec!!!!!! woooot)
I was just wondering, i found a 1995 gsr w/ 150k but its cleannnnnnnn. I'm going to see it and test drive it but is the motor still good that old?? ( i think it may have been replaced tho becuz its got a blue head cover...also there should have been a tranny replacement by now to right??
What type of things shoud i be looking for??

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
That's high miles, but it's ok since it's a Honda. Hey, it's a good reason to A: get a sweet deal on it, and B: Rebuild with some high compression pistons. I rebuilt my engine at 138K, and now it a bad ass little 183whp. If it's as clean as you say, no rust, nice interior, snatch it up!
My tranny has 144K on it and it's fine.
Just because it has a new valve cover on it doesn't mean it's a whole new engine, those are easily swapped, people do it all the time. Look at the engine code on the front of the block.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
MoJoJoJo said:
my suggestions....get urself a K series :thumbs up
lol mojo thats ur suggestion to everyone

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
<-- 280k G2 integra
<-- 155k 99 Si

They last, my teg runs strong as hell. I am more willing to race somebody in the teg than the Si. Si is the beater.

systmdfect

First of all, what kind of budget are you working with here? Even if it is a honda 150k miles is still a lot. One thing I would definately do that nobody else has suggested is take it to a shop like pepboys and have them do an inspection. If it is a manual tranny then watch for slipping. If it is an auto you should be fine but pay attention to how hard and when it shifts. When you drive it pay attention to the engine heat as well. I can't stress that enough. If the engine has had work done it might be a sign of a problem. If the heat goes up that could be an issue, worst case scenario, the block is warped and you will need a completely new engine. Also with those miles, check the suspension. mine only has 97k on it and the rear shocks are blown already with a completely stock suspension.

Pretty much it besides the usual test drive stuff. I can't stress how important it is to take it to a shop for a second opinion though.