New Car inspection

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Hey guys,
I'm looking at this 98 integ with a b18b block and fully built ls-vtec,type-R pistons and rods, 219whp...it should be pretty sick. I'm going to look at the car and test drive tomorow...Only problem is i have to get the car inspected, does anyone kno of anything that might be a problem during the inspection due to this highly modified motor??

systmdfect

Motor shouldn't be a problem. Just take it to preferebly an import auto hause instead of pep boys or something. Let them know what's been done, they should know what to look for.

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
if you have a performance shop in your town or near you that does inspections go there you'll have alot easier of a time passing plus as long as the car is still obd2 you should have ne problems passing

Jmoney187

LivinLow
The exhaust is 2.5" and one resenator...its a hiyumei or something sickkk its so loud! You think it will pass???
Anything else come to mind like cats, suspension???

BTW: i drove the car today...sooo sick, bottom end torque from ls block and madddd high end thanx to gsr head, stage2 clutch is so grabby!!! ITs awesome (i'll post some pics tomorrow)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
not sure what MD laws are like, but if it doesn't have a cat then you will need a defouler or something like that so the O2 sensor doesn't trigger a check engine light.....if its OBD2....if you have a cat then emissions shouldn't be a problem unless your A/F ratio's are way off<----unlikely! in TX they don't ever say anything about noise so......again don't know about MD

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Any of your friends have there lisence? Thats who inspects my cars, for some reason it always passes. :what:

MidniteFreedom

wait what car inspection from DMV? or what? i had to do inspection for a re build title at dmv and i pased it with no problem. all i need it was oem headlights and brake inspection paper and they took a look at it and i had a cf hood,lip kit,header,intake, and exhuast adn the man didnt care and let me pass lol. so what kind of inspection you talking about?

Jmoney187

LivinLow
I want a MD state inspection...they check everything.
I dont know of anything illegal besides maybe exhaust becuz of noise or the 2.5" piping, and the low suspension but there coilovers anyway so i can raise it.
I take it on wedensday and i just hope it passes