Need some real help....

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
ok now i am pissed. i had a friend that nows about honda's work on my car. so here is the problem. the car ran fine with a high idle before he worked on it. after he was done it fired up fine and ran even better than before. so i get to the video store and the car won't start. i spend 20 min tring to start it, and a dead battery later it started. now this has been an ongoing problem. i have changed the plugs and checked everything. when it does finaly start it works perfect but it is getting it started is the problem. he messed with the idle set screw, the distributor, and the throttle cable. i have since set the distributor back to where it was( marked it before we moved it) and not sure where or how the idle screw and throttle cable are suppose to be. if anyone has any idea's please let me know. i have no hair on my head from pulling it all out.
you can chat with me on msn messanger. squ1rrll_22@hotmail.com

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
fixed the prob....

for those that did not respond with any help thanks. it was the ignition modual. replaced the whole distributor and she ran wonderful.

heykosal

Angkorian
nobody likes a smart ass....

i'm glad you got it fixed. nobody responded probably because nobody knew and didn't want to give useless information. i would have said try replacing the battery but apparently i would have been wrong, see?

nobody likes a smart ass....

squirrell

The Squirrell Is Back
what the prob was

it was something with the distributor it's self. the rotor was out of alignment. it was not making contact. along with a wiring issue at the distributor. it was the first time i have ever seen anything like that. this has been something i have been working on since friday. just didn't make sence why it only spark after i let off the key. but would fire up every once and a while. but i do have to say i missed my teg.... and i was not trying to be an ass, i just was looking for help and had nothing from anyone on here or around my town. one shop told me a cold start valve. so sorry if i iritated anyone by my second post...

jotcrx

Still going strong :)
I would have posted, but I haven't been on the site for a few weeks. I had a similar issue with mine when I first got it. Found out most of my friends who are mechanics have no clue on how to work on Honda's, so over the last 12 years, I have learned everything I can to work on it myself. The distributor on the 87-88 is different than the ones on 88-89 and usually will be the cause of "firing" problems along with the crank angle sensor that sits on the other camshaft. Any amount of play on the reluctor rotor will cause all kinds of issues with firing. It took three trips to the auto parts store to finally get a good distributor (rebuilts)