need some advice

89teggie

89teggie
i bought my 89 integra a few months ago, and have done a few mods to it, but am about to go in deep. i've got a motor with 120k on it, in the process of tearing down and rebuilding. i've got a zex nitrous kit i'm planning on putting on it, but i'm wantin to try and stay away from turbo's for the time being. i'm working part time while i'm in college, so money is tight and progress is slow. while i'm saving for engine parts, i'm re doing the interior, and cleaning things up some. i had noticed the 2nd gen teggies have pretty much the same body except for the front fenders, bumper, hood and lights. i'm curious if i could swap the fenders bumper and hood and lights from a 2nd gen to my 1st gen?

ZONE317

i believe its called a "jdm conversion kit"... I was going to get one but them shits is exspensive i believe around 1500 +...And you said moneys tight so i wouldnt even bother

89teggie

89teggie
thanks man,
is there any kind of a conversion kit that aint real expensive to delete the pop up headlights with normal headlights? i had seen a 1st gen teggie with normal headlights that replaced the pop ups, and it had the original front end. any advice on where i could get them?

ZONE317

ive never seen it but i would try the internet best place ever. Ill look for ya but i dont know

89teggie

89teggie
i've done search after search, but no luck. i just finished the inside rear panels with paint and got them installed, and speakers and light wired in, but the very rear panel, that covers the lighting and wires is broken, does anyone have any interior pieces for sale? i also need a headliner, and some carpet for up front. i'll probably end up gettin the carpet off of ebay, i found a kit last night for about 50 bucks. thanks for the advice guys, and keep it comin.:) i aint got any pics of my teggie up on here yet, but i got some on my myspace if anyone wants to see it, ask for my email address.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
lol... n00bs giving other n00bs advice

89teggie

89teggie
i see the difference now, i had just seen a couple 2nd gen tegs around g town and thought the body looked similar. and yeah, i a noob to this stuff, i know my way around a car to an extent, but i'm takin any advice i can get and learnin all i can. any advice and help i'll appreciate it.