Need help with custom piping

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm planning to get a Spoon N1 exhaust next month. The only problem is, Spoon doesn't make a b-pipe for the DB8, only for the DC2. So I guess I have to get custom piping and make my own b-pipe. What size diameter should I go with? Since I'm going N/A with only bolt-ons, I was thinking of going 2.25 or 2.36. Also, what brands make good resonators? Thanks in advance.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If you want more midrange power than high end power, go with a 4-2-1 header and 2.25 inch piping.
If you want more high rpm power than midrange, go with a 4-1 header and 2.36 piping.

The smaller piping will move the location of peak HP and peak TQ lower in the RPM range, and just the opposite for larger piping, although, the overall peak HP# will be higher with the larger piping.

Magnaflow makes a good resonators.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Since I already have a DC Sports 4-2-1 header, guess I'll go with 2.25 inch piping. Thanks for you help TegSox!

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
If you want more midrange power than high end power, go with a 4-2-1 header and 2.25 inch piping.
If you want more high rpm power than midrange, go with a 4-1 header and 2.36 piping.

The smaller piping will move the location of peak HP and peak TQ lower in the RPM range, and just the opposite for larger piping, although, the overall peak HP# will be higher with the larger piping.

Magnaflow makes a good resonators.
His knowledge of Tegs only matchs my knowledge of Transformers :lol:

Dude your going the love that Spoon, but I'll warn you it can get pretty loud! and I had it on a LS so I have no idea what it sounds like in vtec!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
His knowledge of Tegs only matchs my knowledge of Transformers :lol:

Dude your going the love that Spoon, but I'll warn you it can get pretty loud! and I had it on a LS so I have no idea what it sounds like in vtec!
Did you only have the axle-back?