Need Help rough idle

jsleeper81

Hey Guys,
I just bought this car recently a 1996 integra ls with a b18c1 motor swap the motor is estimated to have a bit over 50k that's motor trans. clutch etc. car has ran really well lot of power very smooth and all.
Two things I've learned recently is one car starts fine idles fine and runs fine for a while but every once and a while when I pull up to a stop light or stop sign the car jump's idle from 600 to about 300 rpm like I said only every once and a while it does this it normally idles around 750-850 give or take.
The car will sometimes even die on me when it starts to idle like that but that has only happened like twice.
I am not sure if it's EGR valve or the guy that put the motor in it did not torque the head down to specs. or if there is a leak making bad compression.
Also when I am slowing down for a long period of time not quickly hitting the brake though just when I have the pedal pressed for a good period it seem to lose pressure it also seems to lose pressure when I am sitting at a red light with my foot on the pedal it slowly start to drop even lower than normal.
I have already tried bleeding the brakes it did not seem to change anything but I did notice that the front to brakes kept swuirting air out with fluid the rear brakes did not do this.
I kept trying to bleed and it did not seem to get rid of that air I think it might be the master cylinder but any other advice before I go spending money on parts that are not nedded

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
ok what I got from that. You might have a brake booster leak, causing you a vac. leak. I had a vac. cap come off an old vac. line and caused me all kinds of hell till I found it.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
master cylinder sounds like it's leaking, but I don't know if that would give you air in the lines unless your reservoir was empty.. in that case your brakes would hardly work at all.

Do you notice any brake fluid, or any fluid for that matter on your drive way or in your garage on the floor where you park?

jsleeper81

no brake fluid any where so far from what I've seen no fluid any where in the engine bay
where exactly is the brake booster located and the vac line for the booster
I have not seen any vac line of or missing or any thing but this is a bit different of and engine from what I'm used to looking at.
I am used to mitsubishi engines at least for recsent work that was the last engine I rebuilt it's been like 6 years or more since I have worked on a honda engine and this engine is not the same as the last honda engine I worked on of coarse it started out to be a ohc non vtec which was different