need help on conversion

jsleeper81

okey not sure where to post this.
I have been building my motor up for a while now got it done got it to start finally and just decided I wanted more so I am debating doing a b18c5 or k20 swap have not decided yet.
now to the question I have a b18b1 with a b16 head my ecu is obd1 from a 93 civic now I have the conversion harness which I beleive is obd1 to obd2 since I did the vtec head swap.
my buddy is wanting my motor and all since I am swaping to something different.
He has a 93 civic ex automatic which has the 1.6 sohc vtec.
I will be giving him all the parts clutch parts tranny motor head ecu axles and all now my question is I know that his injectors are different so this tells me that he will need the engine harness as well .
also his distributor does not look like it fits onto mine I beleive mine is an obd2 dizzy it has a single plug on it now since I am going to be putting my engine harness in his car will I still be able to use the dizzy that is on the b18 with no problem since I am using the ecu that is with the motor.
the reason I am asking these question if there will be any problems is will the tower plugs also know as the cannon plugs on the firewall match up on the 93 civic and the 96 integra.
also if the plugs do match up from my engine harnes and his tower plugs are all the wires in there correct location or do I need to use the conversion harness on the ecu.
any help on this subject will help I am probably looking to much into this its probably a lot more simple that I think I just know that if I use his harness I need to use his injectors and get a obd1 dizzy but I am running a obd2 dizzy on the 93 civic ecu I have which is chipped if that makes a difference or not
sorry to make it so long. any help will be appretiated

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Ok, that was a bit hard to read but I think I understand what your asking. If he gets an OBD1 distributor and OBD1 harness he should be fine.

jsleeper81

lol yeah sorry just long winded here.
he has his wiring harnesswhich is obd1 so that wont be a problem if we need that.
now what dizzy's would work on the motor/head that is going in that car.
this was one of the things I was hoping we could just use my harness in his car since it is an obd2 harness just wasnt sure if that harness would match to the obd1 tower plugs.
trying to avoid buying a new dizzy if we can.
thanks for the advice

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
EDIT: Ok I think you can use an OBD2A Integra harness on an obd1 car. You might need an obd1 --> obd2 jumper harness.

Last edited: