Need Help Bad... I Got Spanked By A Tc Scion

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
Hey Whats Up Guys Well I Had A Bid Of A Down Fall This Past Saturday Me And Some Friends Went Out To The Track To Race Aka Track Meaning The Middle Of No Where. But Any Ways We Pulled Up To The Hang Out And Were Chilling By Some Warehouse's When We Started To See People Line Up To Race So Like Any Integra Owner Would I Lined Up To Race My Baby Only To Get Spanked By A Astock Tc Scion. Well I Can't Let That Ever Happen Again If You Know Were Im Comong From, Many People Said Well You Cann't Always Win But The Dont Realize The Magnitude Of The Problem I Lost Against A Scion Tc And Worst Of All It Was Stock. Well I Need Help To Tunne My Car And Was Hopping Some One Could Give Me Some Advise. I Have A 97 Integra Ls Non-vtec With Dc Header, Aem Cold Air Intake, Full Exhaust Hayame, Aem Fuel Rail, Aem Fuel Pressure Regulator, Lowered On Eibach Springs And Stock 15" Ls Wheels, Short Shifter. I Also Have But Not Yeath Installed Lsd,msd,coil Blaster, Stage2 Exedy Clutch, Greddy Rs Blow Off Valve, Greddy Turbo Timer, And Intercooler.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
Yeah

Honestly I Really Hope Its Me And Not My Integra I Have Worked Oso Hard And Spent So Much Time Making Her A Beast On The Street That I Would Hate To Have Something Wrong With My Car. I Guess I Need More Practice But See The Thing Is That Tc Was Stock He Had The Dealer Plates And All . I Have In The Past Beaten A Rsx Not The Type S The Regular One Amd I Could Have Sworn That I Could Get The Tc But Im Just Down Because Of It, Im Not Dissapointed In My Car That Wont Ever Happen Im Dissapointed In My Self For Letting That Scion Get Me And Trust Me He Got Me Bad

JOEY

I wouldnt be that down man, those cars have a good power to weight ratio and are pushing more torque than an LS. even with all your mods you are not pushing as much torque as these cars.
2.4-liter dual overhead cam (DOHC) 16-valve EFI with Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence (VVT-i) technology. This - plus a compression ration of 9.6:1 - produce 160 hp @ 5,700 rpm and a hefty 163 lb.-ft. @ 4,000 rpm.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
omg, where do I start.

First of all, you gotta lay off of the shift button. What's with the capital letters for every freakin' word? Are you yelling at us? I think you could type what you want to type in half the time if you didn't capitalize every word. Less capitals and more periods, please. :)

As far as your mods go, your fuel rail is useless, your fpr is useless, you MSD ignition will be useless when you install it, and so will your blow off valve, your intercooler and your turbo timer if you don't get the...uuuh... turbo to go with them. :???:
I'm not so sure you need a stage 2 clutch either with your level of mods. Bigger isn't better when it comes to clutches. I recommend a stage 1 Exedy clutch, I have it and its great. It has near stock pedal pressure, which I doubt the stage 2 will be like, and is made to handle over 200whp. Return, exchange or somehow unload that stage 2 for a stage 1, unless your gonna get the turbo to go with your bov, t-timer and intercooler, then the Stage 2 would be justified.

First thing I'd do is get a high flow cat to eliminate the bottleneck in your exhaust system. Your stock cat is killing your exhaust flow, getting rid of it would make a big difference, and it would only cost you about $150 installed. I recommend a Carsound cat, their made by Magnaflow.

aspec

lol, i assumed he put a turbo in the list... wow... thats histarical... how funny would it be to see a car w/ that list of mods and no turbo hanging off the exhaust manifold :lol:

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
Hey sorry about the capital letters im at work and well i have to have them on for the bills i make. so with that said sorry and im not yealling at no one just dissapointed, and yes i am going to add a turbo kit to the list of mod's i bought all the small stuff and now i just need a wastegate and then come the turbo. and if you read closely the list of mods that were not yeat installed were Lsd,msd,coil Blaster, Stage2 Exedy Clutch, Greddy Rs Blow Off Valve, Greddy Turbo Timer, And Intercooler. well i am a bit happier now i just won a pair of jg 302 cams on ebay so im going to call out that tc scion on friday night in modesto, ca and see what happens after the 302 cams go into play. so what do you guys think i really need a turbo kit so if you guys know were i can get a greddy kit for cheap and new id really appreciate the tip

GSRawe

acurals209 said:
Hey sorry about the capital letters im at work and well i have to have them on for the bills i make. so with that said sorry and im not yealling at no one just dissapointed, and yes i am going to add a turbo kit to the list of mod's i bought all the small stuff and now i just need a wastegate and then come the turbo. and if you read closely the list of mods that were not yeat installed were Lsd,msd,coil Blaster, Stage2 Exedy Clutch, Greddy Rs Blow Off Valve, Greddy Turbo Timer, And Intercooler. well i am a bit happier now i just won a pair of jg 302 cams on ebay so im going to call out that tc scion on friday night in modesto, ca and see what happens after the 302 cams go into play. so what do you guys think i really need a turbo kit so if you guys know were i can get a greddy kit for cheap and new id really appreciate the tip
If you already have the intercooler, BOV, and TT, why waste your money on a KIT that comes with everything? Then you will have 2 intercoolers, BOVs and TTs... pointless.

ca86108

scions will KILL an ls... ls is 142 hp LOW ass weak torque what is it like 127??? but scion tc has 160 torque/hp so im not suprised it beat ur ls... get a gsr

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
If you closely read my reply to your list of future mods...

TegSox said:
your MSD ignition will be useless when you install it, and so will your blow off valve, your intercooler and your turbo timer if you don't get the...uuuh... turbo to go with them.
I got it right, and then you got it right a second time, and a TURBO is still missing from the list!
Are those JG 302 cams you just bought turbo cams? If they're not, and you wanna go FI, then you just wasted a lot of money.
You've really gotta slow down, sit down and decide what you goal is with your car, because right now you're all over the place and pissing away alot of money on a big mish-mash of crap. You got a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and its all going to add up to ZERO if you don't come up with a set plan.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
ca86108 said:
scions will KILL an ls... ls is 142 hp LOW ass weak torque what is it like 127??? but scion tc has 160 torque/hp so im not suprised it beat ur ls... get a gsr
But it's not all about just HP and TQ numbers. It's also power to weight ratio and gearing, gearing is huge.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
GSRawe said:
If you already have the intercooler, BOV, and TT, why waste your money on a KIT that comes with everything? Then you will have 2 intercoolers, BOVs and TTs... pointless.

well see the greddy turbo kit does not come with a bov or an intercooler and since i live in cali and our emission here suck i have to get something that is carb legal and greddy is the only one ohh and greaddy does not come with a turbo timer either.

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
TegSox said:
If you closely read my reply to your list of future mods...

I got it right, and then you got it right a second time, and a TURBO is still missing from the list!
Are those JG 302 cams you just bought turbo cams? If they're not, and you wanna go FI, then you just wasted a lot of money.
You've really gotta slow down, sit down and decide what you goal is with your car, because right now you're all over the place and pissing away alot of money on a big mish-mash of crap. You got a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and its all going to add up to ZERO if you don't come up with a set plan.

YOU KNOW WHAT you are right. I have been waisting money on parts that i might not even need but the cams i just bought are turbo cams. i honestly need help to set up my baby right , my goal is to have the car stock on the outside but a beast on the inside. I really want to make it a sleeper and my goal as far as whp is to be able to take an evo out, at any time or any place thats all i want to beat an evo and have fun doing it. to prove to all that it might look nice on the outside but think twice before showing of in front of me . You seem like a very knoledgable person what do you think tegsox

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Wow, that's a lofty goal. To beat an Evo your gonna need a lot of boost. More than a Greddy kit is going to give you. Your going to need to boost higher than your stock internals will allow you to. That's good that the cams you just bought are turbo cams, I'm glad to see you didn't waste your money there, now that we know you'll be boosting rather than going NA.
My specialty is NA rather than boost, but there's some people on here who can help you out with specifics in that area, as far as exactly what you need and what to buy and not buy to get a low 13's/high 12's car.

but stick with the sleeper plan, I'm down with that. :)

JOEY

acurals209 said:
YOU KNOW WHAT you are right. I have been waisting money on parts that i might not even need but the cams i just bought are turbo cams. i honestly need help to set up my baby right , my goal is to have the car stock on the outside but a beast on the inside. I really want to make it a sleeper and my goal as far as whp is to be able to take an evo out, at any time or any place thats all i want to beat an evo and have fun doing it. to prove to all that it might look nice on the outside but think twice before showing of in front of me . You seem like a very knoledgable person what do you think tegsox
wanna be a sleeper and beat evos? Do my set up then, I kill them on only 9psi. :)
heres some pics of my sleeper

acurals209

SYNDICATE 4 EVR
JOEY said:
wanna be a sleeper and beat evos? Do my set up then, I kill them on only 9psi. :)
heres some pics of my sleeper

SWEET SETUP YOU GOT THERE well its going to be a while before i can afford all of it but sweet now i have an idea of what to do. thanks to all of you that have put up with my complains and thanks for pushing me in the right path. i have one question does club integra have decals or tshirts for sale cuz if not i have all the software and hardware to to t-shirts and decals