Need Help Air Conditioning/Horn/Cruise Control 1988 Integra

cassels12

Hi all! I just bought a 1988 Integra and it has a few problems I want to fix so I'm hoping you guys can help. The cruise control does not work at all, the air conditioning doesn't work and the horn doesn't work. I will post some pictures this weekend when I pick it up.

Alvi84

Sounds like a good find.

AC: check to make sure all the components are there and if they are probably just needs some refridgerant and a re-charge.

Cruise Control: again make sure all components are there and in tact

Horn: check underneath the front passenger's side fender well lining. You should be able to find the horn and make sure the ground and power is still connected. Typically they take such a beating from these amazing united states streets and the horn connections brake or come loose.

cassels12

Thanks for the advice! It's in great shape other than these issues. The owner wrote down everything in a notebook that he did to the car even down to every time he filled up with gas and the mileage. Also the headlights won't go down but I think I found a solution for that on another post. I read somewhere that the stock tire size is 190/60/14 but there are 185/60/14 on it now. I need to buy some winter tires so should I just go with what's on it now?

cassels12

The headlights magically started working last night so there's one thing off the list.

tnthall63

When you get your answer - could you send me an answer? I have the same issue - I have a broken AC belt and the horn doesn't work on a recently purchased 87 Acura Integra (we bought it for our son's 1st car). Also, would you be able to lend some insight on a trustworthy place to take it for a paint job? We've heard some good/some bad @ Maaco (it seems as if each individual location has its own reputation given it's a franchise) and we have received 3 bids from local body shops that want to charge what it would cost to purchase 3 more 1987 Acuras (somewhere in the $3000-4000 range)! Thanks!