Need clutch suggestions for GSR

trentoncc24

I'm looking to purchase a clutch in the near future, but before I wanted to do some reasearch, I understand that even the weak stock clutches are capible of handling the stock motors power, however I plan to do some small upgrades to my engine, and I would like to also upgrade the clutch, not only for the extra power, but so it will last longer. I was ready about the Exedy organic clutch and it looks good except for the fact that it says that its just as easy to drive as stock. I want something that isn't too too hard to drive, but a little more challanging than the stock clutch. I would like to have something that is noticeably different than stock, but not one of those clutches that are basically engaged/disengaged. I want something with a in between point, however I don't want the in between point to be as broad as stock. Does that make sense to anyone? Also, under 300$ would be really nice.

trentoncc24

I know, I already read it, but it didn't answer my question. The Exedy Organic is to easy to drive. I read about it and it says that it has the same stock clutch feel, I don't want that, I want something a little more challangeing to drive, but not some crazy stage 158 clutch, just something a little more grippyer and challanging to drive than stock.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
why do you want it "more challenging" to drive. if you just want more heat resistance and gripping power get a stage 2. but a exedy stage 1 can handle some pretty good abuse on a slightly modded teg. the stock clutch is notoriously weak. most honda clutches are

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
trentoncc24 said:
stage 158 clutch .
HAHAHA, god clutch! I love my exedy stage 1, it does feel different and its not to hard! But most people that get to drive my car notice it right away

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
obd1kenobi said:
HAHAHA, god clutch! I love my exedy stage 1, it does feel different and its not to hard! But most people that get to drive my car notice it right away
i agree. i had the exedy stage 1 clutch with exedy flywheel and on my GSR and i loved it. it was plenty for a car with a bunch of bolt ons

trentoncc24

I'm considering buying this, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXEDY-STAGE-1-CLUTCH-EXEDY-FLYWHEEL-INTEGRA-CIVIC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQihZ007QQitemZ170025251190QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW however, only because it comes with a flywheel. I need to know all your opinions on this flywheel, and if it would be worth it. I know the flywheel makes it lighter and more balanced and stuff, but is the added performance really all that noticeable? I'm really money tight right now, and If I was going to spend 150$ extra on something to improve my cars speed, I would want to be the most effective thing I could do for 150$ However I've decided on this clutch, since all you say it feels different than stock. Thats what I wanted, just a different feel than stock. Thanks

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
thats exactly what i had. that flywheel makes a noticeable difference. it will give you alot better throttle response, engine braking and allows the engine to accelerate faster through the RPM range