my turn for a "my car is a pos" thread

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
so it just hit 165k and that seems to be the magical number for my hondas to start falling apart, cause thats when i sold my old 94 accord with the slipping auto trans.

So far ive encountered the following problems

1. Heat shields rattle, or i need a new cat. I checked all the shields and they all seem tight, so this is why i think maybe the stuff in the cat got loose so its rattling up in there. The car almost didnt pass smog last time so thats why i think its the cat ... but some people say aftermarket headers even carb legal ones like dc can raise the emissions.

2. tire on left side ate up fender liner .... pretty sure i should get a new one since i can now see all my belts and stuff thru the wheel well .... does anyone know if 5th gen civics have the same fender liners as we do? Cause if they do the local pick and pull has a shitton of those, but no 3g integras

3. Wheel weights fell off front left 17" rim. Steering wheel shakes like a bitch .... wondering if i should just rotate all the tires, or take the car in and have em rebalance the front 2 wheels and give me hubcentric rings so it really wont shake at all.

4. Clunking on front left when i hit bumps, not very often though. I took off the tire to check this (which is when i figured out i got no wheel weights) I figured it was the upper bushings where the upper control arm connects, cause when i got the car and lowered it i got an ingalls camber kit, which was a pos and wore out after 11k miles. So then i got the omni upper control arms, but i no longer had my stock bushings, so i went to the junkyard and pulled some off a 95 civic with god knows how many miles on it .... so should i just replace the bushings again and hope for the best?

5. Everything in the interior rattles. Probably caused by me and the previous owner both having serious bump in the trunk .... not a big problem but would be nice to fix shit

6. Left tail fills with water ... anyone got 94-01 coupe tails for sale. Looking to drop 25 shipped .... altezza, stock, as long as they dont leak ... (yes if i buy altezzas ill red em out like i did wit hthe ones i got now)

oh and my clutch may be going out cause sometimes i think i can feel it slipping when i pull away from stop signs, but the car seems strong other than that ... and it sounds like i have an exhaust leak.

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
Thats not bad at all. Take off the heatsheild, my interior rattles,and tails aren
t that pricey. Tire balance isn't a big deal either. Where did you get them mounted/balanced? I work at Tireamerica,we give you -free- lifetime balance, see if they have a balance warrenty.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i got the tires at a little mom and pop spot in chico .... ill have to go holler at em

patrick4588

Integra God
just a bunch of little stuff. all that can be handled with a few hundred bucks. big deal. currently i need a new distributor, tps, tires, tie rods, down pipe, dump tube, exhaust, a re tune, wheel bearings, ball joints, vtec solenoid, and new intercooler brackets. drive a turbo car and get some real problems. lol

crzy azn

is crzy
haha yea. silver POS. has 161xxx miles and clutch died, slave cylendar is leaking, needs a full brake job, trannsy goin out since im driving on a broke clutch. good thing im getting a new toy ;)

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Man... I feel really lucky. I don't have half the problems yoiu have. My B18C1 is at 189,700 miles right now. Still running strong. The body is in excellent shape. Interior feels fine too.