My short shifter messed up?

johnownsall2

When im in first or any gear th shifter can move all the way to right and be put in to reverse from first why is that s it broken if so what needs to be replaced? because my friend has a short shifter his dont do it it wont move outta first by moving it to the side.. please help

vgees92gsr

it sounds like you put the shifter in backwards thats what i think cuz i a teggy i got the same thing was wrong and this was the problem

johnownsall2

Well i didnt put this in so yea but umm how would i get to check the linkage? is it a job that a professional should do or is it easy i can do it myself?

Nekthx

i have the exact smae problem on my 90 integra. My friend that works in a garage says that this is a common problem with the tranny. Its just a simple pin that has gotten lose u can get it fixed for 20bux

Nekthx

i didnt bother to get it fixied cuz i bought the car for 800bux and its just a beater to me

johnownsall2

yea idk ill have to get that checked i really havent got to fix it i mean i got under the car a month ago to see if ne thign was lose and there was a bolt that was so i tried tightning it but i couldnt so i dont know ill probly bring it in.