My ride

ricestick

BOOST HEAD
Well guys i figured i'd post up some pics of my ride. She started out my 3,000 dollar car, full interior, b18a1,
went through 2 trannys and 2 clutches. Then the poor b18a1 started to knock.
So after pulling the motor out it sat like this for 5 years

as u can see while she sat for all those years she got gutted, no dash nothing but a seat ,shifter, and steering wheel.
Then out of nowhere

Huhh? i thought gsr's came with a different intake manifold, that intake dosen't look right on there, lets look again

What is that i see? JRSC, oh sh$t

Well heres the deal, i was working my ass off for those 5 years and bought everything u see here
Jdm b18c swap LSD
Rywire harness
Hasport cable to hydo conversion
Dc 4-1 header
Fidanza flywheel
Clutchmasters stage 4 clutch
Hondata s200
Hondata intake manifold gastket
JR thermostat
NGK plugs
Walbro fueal pump
lots of other misc.
I've had this thing now for a year, and i can't tell u how much fun she is to drive.
When i got this car years ago i knew nothing about it, i'm the kinda guy who at the time didn't know how to even change brakes. Well i eventualy learned
Then after doing 2 trannys myself i figured i'd take the task on my first swap.
I have learned so much on my own, NO ONE helped me, except some guys on h-t, G2.
For the guys out there that are truly dedicated, even if u know nothing, take your time and start reading, and read more and more till u want to throw up from so much reading, but u will learn so much. I got a kick out of g2 when they said it can't be done
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71624
Well i'm sure i forgot alot of stuff but this is my beast.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Nice! :thumbs up

I really wish they still made the Falken Azenis RT215. Those tires were unbeatable bang for the buck

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I see Mr. Jackson came to visit. lol

Good luck.

ricestick

BOOST HEAD
I know its not the cleanest engine bay, but i'm still always changing stuff ,adding stuff.
As for the falkens, i still have them, those are my track tires, not much left of them but they are my favorite tires, haven't broke down and bought the new falkens, hope there like the old ones.
I know everbody says why go through all the hassel of trying to put the blower in , when i could of bought a turbo setup, i wanted to be different, at the time i was gonna go k series but i figured i still wouldn't be that fast.
So this was the outcome, i'm happy with it.
Still trying to get all the extra wiring out.

ricestick

BOOST HEAD
I wanna take a shot at autocross, but would this be a good car to do it in? i'm a drag strip kinda guy, i have no idea what class ( if they even have different classes) to sing up for.
Only suspension mod is neuspeed race spings, koni yellows.
Anybody autocross in here with there G2?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I have, but mainly just on an N/A motor. I think with that setup you would be fine. Make sure your wheels are torqued properly for AutoX, that's the biggest thing, I always see people with loose or too tight lugs that end up breaking studs and having wheels fly off.:lol:

Last edited:

Man A

homewreker
very nice. im curious what you drove those 5 yrs it was down. i remember readin a SC cant be done on a G2 but i think it was if you had a b18a1. Ive heard of the firewall being cut into. heh. Way to show em how to do it right. somewhat like my goal , i just want turbo. id like to know more on the SC. as far as fitment of couse. mines just gonna be a DD. I do like the Whine. can you get a sound clip?

ricestick

BOOST HEAD
Yep had to cut the firewall, relocate the complete braking system mounted to the firewall.
Sucks cause when i first put it in it looked perfect (thats because i didn,'t have the mastercylinder on)
then when i went to put it on , the blower pulley its self was directly in the way.
So the motor came back out had to relocate the brake booster. There are 4 studs holding the brake booster to the firewall. I unbolted it and jus cut out the top part of the firewall (where it sticks out alittle, if u look at your g2 brake booster and picture it moving up 2 and a half inches, u will understand what i'm talikng about). This is kinda hard to explain ,
the 2 mounting studs on the bottom of the booster, were now in the top mounting holes in the firewall, i just needed to drill 2 new holes for the top booster studs could slide throught the firewall.
then the motor went back in, now if my booster ever needs replaced, guess what ,the motor has gotta come out.
Yes it was a bitch, it was a whole days job, the hardest part is to try and put the keyway back into the pedal assembly and the booster its self.
Now since i have done this and seen first hand, it would be so much easier to put this on a stock ls motor, but the ls gets the smaller blower so u won't get to much out of it. U will still need to do a little bit of work but i don't see the need to cut the firewall just for the b18a, now for anything else, b18c, b16, then yes u would have to cut.
This car did come with abs, all that was tossed, i kept the rear lines, just need to get new front lines going to the prop valve.
I'm going to the track again next week so i'l post up some vids.