My First Integra... have some questions

bassguitarist61

The Oddball On 2 Wheels
I just picked up this 1989 integra for my old chevy truck...

Yes it's quite rusty, and YES it has some weird things about it

for example the 3rd gear syncro is worn a little so you have to be gentle, 5th gear makes a whistling like noises, and it needs CV axles, my tilr wheel is stuck all the way down (which sucks being 6'4")

of course the rust will have to be attended too... came with enough parts to make another teg minus the body, but they were all just about shot... all i could save were a hood, doors, rear hatch, AC compressor/ condenser(radiator like thingy in a box), brake booster, and an engine

now, after i took these pictures i found some white paint and spot painted it so it would look better from farther away

so i found this on a hose in the engine... yea i have no idea what it is (look down)

the air intake i had laying around from my chevy truck... mighty convenient if i do say so my self

the hood's not exactly colormatched... but no rust...

as my friend's said... it's a start lol

bassguitarist61

The Oddball On 2 Wheels
now my questions are

-how do i change the tranny fluid?
-pepboys said it took 10w-30 oil, is that right?
-why does 5th gear sound like it does?
- anybody know where i can get a manual online?

OH!!!!
this was the guy's second Integra... he had it running on HHO gas at one point.......weird

Undead4Life

1989 Integra
you said you had an engine...would you be willing to sell it or part it out at all? i need some parts that i cant find.

99TegLs

hmm... doesnt seem like a safe fix

bassguitarist61

The Oddball On 2 Wheels
hmm... doesnt seem like a safe fix
it's not... when it stops pouring down rain outside i'll try and find he other dash controls... i bought this from a scientist... not a mechanic or bodyman lol

i mean, the gas cap was a damn radiator cap

bassguitarist61

The Oddball On 2 Wheels
um... i made the mistake of opening the hatch, and now it won't latch down... anyone know what to do?... 15 minutes of me fucking with it and no prevail

xX6IXXx

Have you tried putting the key back into the lock and turning it? While the key is turned see if the hatch will go down enough to latch. It could be the latch spring is worn or gone so its not staying open long enough for you to re-latch the hatch. I didnt mean to rhyme. lol

bassguitarist61

The Oddball On 2 Wheels
to me it looks like the metal bar on the hatch that the locking latch goes around isn't going down far anough

bassguitarist61

The Oddball On 2 Wheels
i mean i can sit on it (165lb.), can slam it, can push or pull it any direction... and it doesn't move at all... i'm beyond frustrated as this is my only ride