My car won't start after doing a compression test.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Hi guys. I decided to buy a compression tester and do the test myself because I haven't been able to get into my bud's garage for 11 days since overreving at the track. So I did the test, put everything back together, and now the car will not start. I've crancked it about 15 times at this point, it's just acting like there's no gas in the tank.
The 15A fuse is fine.
I put all the plugs back in the exact same holes they came out of.
Plug wires are in sequence.

Anyone done a comp. test and have this happen to you? I know it does take a few attempts to start the car after a comp. test, it doesn't turn right over on the first try. But I've been trying for a hour now.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
lol this is a suprise... but honestly and sad to say... there's isn't much technical support on C-I... better luck asking on T-I

only thing i can think of is reseting the ecu?... unplugging the battery terminal is one way to reset it... or maybe your alarm is engaged? lol just tossing up some ideas... sorry i cant really help

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, I'm asking over there too, but I've gotten 1 response in 1 1/2 hours, and it was no help. So I thought I'd ask here too, I know there's a couple reliable guys in here who may be able to help. My man dc2gsr for one. :)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Sorry bud, I've never had that problem or heard of it really. Every time I have done a test, I reset the ECU, leave the plug wires off and crank it over a few times to prime the fuel system back up to pressure and it starts fine. :what:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I never saw anyone recommend doing that before. Do you put the plugs back in, leave the wires out, and do that?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Well I actually never did it to my teg. The DSM has a DIS ignition so i just pull a fuse for it

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
holy crap tegsox has a problem. sorry had to let that out. you're a teg guru so i would never have expected this to happen.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I tried what I think you were saying you did to your DSM dc2GSR. I pulled the ECU fuse again, then I pulled all the plugs. I laid some paper towels over the plug holes so gas didn't shoot up out the engine and get all over the place. Put the fuse back in. Gave the car a crank. got out and smelled the paper towel, there was gas coming from each cylinder. Laid it back over the holes, gave 2 more crancks. The gas is still coming. So I put the plugs back in, and the wires back in too. The car still won't start.
This makes no fucking sense.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Actually, I have a better question. Did you disable the ignition before doing this? When cranking it, the coil will still charge up and can get screwed up if it has knowhere to disharge it. Auto parts stores usually sell a spark tester for like $10. Its a little safer and more precise than just sticking a screwdriver in a plug wire or laying a plug out on the engine

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Does pulling the ECU fuse disable the ignition system? That's all I disconnected. I pulled that fuse and pulled out all 4 spark plugs. I left the wires plugged into the dizzy cap, I just laid them off to the side. That's all the compression test directions on Team Integra and c-speedracing said to do.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
^^^ this guy sounds like he knows what he's talkin about :thumbs up... glad he's on C-I even tho he gots a dsm... lol

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You're just figuring that out, silverDB8? lol, just playin. I knew he had chops pretty quick upon his arrival. Plus he likes Bill O'Reilly, so he is definitley the MAN.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
TegSox said:
Does pulling the ECU fuse disable the ignition system? That's all I disconnected
I'm not too familiar with Integra ignition systems. I would imagine it does, but I can't be positive. My GS-R was the only car I've ever owned that even had a distributor. I would just try to find a spark tester and see if you're getting spark.

I think most places carry them. Something like this: http://www.jcwhitney.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product?storeId=10101&Pr=p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2004214&TID=101&productId=2004214&catalogId=10101