my 2001 Acura integra ls won't start

travis246

i have bought new spark plugs and wires, new fuel filter, new distributer cap and rotor and i still have no idea why it will not start. it turns over just doens't turn over completely to start

99TegLs

I am having the same problem, but i have delved in much deeper into the problem. I had diagnostics run, bought a whole new distributor, which replaces the ICM, the IGNITION COIL, the CKP (Crank Position Sensor). Checked the main relay, the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the timing belt, the relay's to the whole system. Did a full obdII scan and found nothing on the ECU. Reset ECU and tried again. no luck. Checked injectors, they're spraying. Checked spark, great spark. Checked grounds, all secure. Checked everything!!!! So pissed. this is my daily and I need it running. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton.

FirGenTeg2011

I am having the same problem, but i have delved in much deeper into the problem. I had diagnostics run, bought a whole new distributor, which replaces the ICM, the IGNITION COIL, the CKP (Crank Position Sensor). Checked the main relay, the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the timing belt, the relay's to the whole system. Did a full obdII scan and found nothing on the ECU. Reset ECU and tried again. no luck. Checked injectors, they're spraying. Checked spark, great spark. Checked grounds, all secure. Checked everything!!!! So pissed. this is my daily and I need it running. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton.
If you went to that extent and still haven't located the issue I would suggest two things. First, check and see if you're ECU has gone bad. Try to locate a temporary donor, install it, and see if that's the problem. If that isn't it, you may have slipped a couple teeth on your timing belt. When you did the check your referring to on the timing belt I assume you lined up your timing marks, correct? A buddy I had an identical issue on his GSR and I had to argue back and forth until he decided to line up his timing marks and found that to be the problem. Good luck!

99TegLs

i have checked timing, a buddy suggested the injectors could be clogged or not working correctly. said to use a NOID light to see the timing at which they inject. could this be the problem?

FirGenTeg2011

Did you check your ecu like I suggested? I doubt all or multiple injectors clogged at once. Even if one was clogged, the car more than likely would run. I think if you correctly went through and checked everything you claim then your ecu is shot. It isn't rare to have an ecu go bad. Also, I assume you've already checked relevant fuses, correct?

malikusmangee

They are a mechanically reliable, fuel efficient car. I used to own an 01 Mustang GT, and I actually like my 92 Integra better. They handle like they are on rails. The Integra became the RSX here in the United States (sounds like you are in a different country than I am). It's a good car for a first driver. Just take good care of it and it will last a while.