Multiple Problems

Evo&Tegra

My gf has a 90 DA and she had a shitty obx im with a huge hole in the side from her ex trying to bash the shit in to get it to fit so I convinced her to get a skunk2 im. We swapped it out and I noticed that the vacuum lines were mixed up so I corrected it, and a few hoses weren't connected so I fixed those too. Well when we went to start it and take it for a test drive it started to overheat about 10 minutes into the drive. Added coolant and oil to it which seemed to fix the overheating problem but now when we turn it on it idles right around 500rpm (not jumpy or erratic) no matter how much I adjust the throttle cable. It then throws a code and jumps to around 1200-1500rpm and is not jumpy or erratic. Took it out for a drive and after 4k it doesn't want to accelerate anymore and is very hesitant. Was thinking about bleeding the cooling system for an air pocket, cleaning the iacv, and checking the fitv. I want to take it to see what code its throwing but I doubt it'll make it to the closest advance...also when I drove it last the gas pedal just stopped working, I got out and played with the throttle cable and it still wouldn't rev up. I have no idea wtf is going on anyone have any suggestions?!?

hmongkie

try buying a cheap stock im... the b18a/b power range is not in the same range as the skunk2 im's are made for... long runner/low-end... short runner/high end.. blah..

anyways... sounds like u have a vacuum problem... u sure u plugged all the hoses where they belonged?

pics?...

Evo&Tegra

just checked which codes its throwing and its
5 MAP Sensor
7 Throttle Angle

tisguy

might need to replace the throttle body. I know my idle used to bounce between 600 and 1500, and sometimes dip under 5 making the car feel like it was going to stall.

Evo&Tegra

i might have moved the throttle angle sensor would that affect it? also her ex had fucked w/ the vacuum lines could that have affected the map sensor when I put them back where they go?

i might have moved the throttle angle sensor would that affect it? also her ex had fucked w/ the vacuum lines could that have affected the map sensor when I put them back where they go?
I was under the impression that the throttle position sensor on USDM motors is set and isnt adjustable as it is riveted in place. So if its a USDM mani, I dont think you moved the tps. If its a JDM mani, then its possible to have moved it because the tps is mounted by 2 bolts.
I believe that the tps is supposed to go from 0-5 volts as it moves from completely closed to completely open. So get a volt meter and test it.
Thats what I was told, so dont quote me on it...