more help please....car won't shift out of Park.

94teggieLS

Banned
ok need help again, i took my alarm out today, things are goin better now i can get my car started but it doesnt shift outta park...i gotta put a screwdriver in the shift release....what can this be and how can i fix it?

tisguy

try disassembling the knob-handle and there should be a white thing that the button actually presses in. try pushing that in yourself to get that out of gear.

94teggieLS

Banned
ill try that but when i put the key or a screwdriver in the shift lock release, it will shift...i dunno what the hell happened to this car...its like doin all this to get back at me...it was fine until i thought about sellin it now its fuckin up...

db84life

94teggieLS said:
ill try that but when i put the key or a screwdriver in the shift lock release, it will shift...i dunno what the hell happened to this car...its like doin all this to get back at me...it was fine until i thought about sellin it now its fuckin up...

whenu press the button to shift in other gear.... can u press it in or it dont... if dont then its lock... but if u can press in then either a peice is broke inside when u have to take it apart and look at it to see what cause not to let u put in gear... but when u use a key release part it let u..... so u have to take time to look at it... some cars have electronic switch to let u shift when u press the button..... play with it to see what not letting u change in gears.... hope this help.. but if need more infor.... juz let me know....