MOMO detachable steering wheel/security? good security item???

JDM_TypeR

what do you people think about the detachable steering wheels? like the "MOMO" or "Sparco" steering wheels that you can take off for security? ive read alot about the way people get their civcs/integs jacked and it makes me sick and pisses me off. anyways, fromt the stuff i read, all of them had stock "honda/Acura" steering wheels. most had alarms and killswitches but it didnt seem to work for them obviously.. but what do you people think of this security method and/or do you know any other good security items/methods?

Todd

token ex-mod
that thing that's sorta like the club but it locks under teh pedals too, i've heard good things about that...
if a good thief wants to steel your car there's not much you can do... short of weapons... and a pair of vice grips make a good steering wheel long enough to get away bro

Nd4sped

A detachable steering wheel is a good idea but do you want to lug your steering wheel around...Or even worse someone steal your SW at work or whereever then what.

JDM_TypeR

yeh thats true.. well what do you people think are other good methods?? i was leaning on the steering wheel and the pager alarm but i guess if someone really wanted to jack my car, they would do it.. but does anyone know any other good methods of security becuz ive read too many stories of stolen integs and im sick of it. btw me and some friends are planning to do a "setup" at a local mall where thieves are known to be. we are planning to go sometime one of these days and just use my friends Civic for the "setup car" and ride in my other friends four door Accord, and kick those thieves ass with bats. my bros integ got broken into and my friends EG civic got stolen at the same mall. they say that the thieves wait around for you to get out and go inside the mall and once you are in its just a matter of time before they go to your car. but anyways. me nd my friends hate fuckin` thieves.

JDM_TypeR

Nd4sped said:
A detachable steering wheel is a good idea but do you want to lug your steering wheel around...Or even worse someone steal your SW at work or whereever then what.
yeh mahn, thats the downside to having those kinds of steering wheels, i mean how many people do you see walking around with steering wheels at the mall? lol. well i guess i wouldnt mind for the safety of my car, but since i always go to the mall with friends, i figuered that i just leave my steering wheel in their car.. but yea, know any other good security methods?

Nd4sped

JDM_TypeR said:
know any other good security methods?
I know Alpine has areally good system....Ive also heard of people buying those big well looks like the police put on peoples car after getting to many parking tickets.

hadjie85

my dad uses a club, and although people (as in more than one) have broken into his truck, theyve never stolen it. the thing has been through heck, it looks like crap -- all scraped up and stuff. but always was on the wheel and the pedal. they could never get it off lol

DownShift96GSR

There's a security system and this one shop in my city where that everytime the driver door opens you have to put in a code for the car to go. Its a car jackers security feature. The guy told me if you don't put the code in your car will drive for about a block and then just die. Its two buttons that have a certain sequence you gotta enter everytime the driver door opens and closes again. The whole system costed about a $1000

Todd

token ex-mod
Nd4sped said:
I know Alpine has areally good system....Ive also heard of people buying those big well looks like the police put on peoples car after getting to many parking tickets.
teh b00t!, yeah... they sell them to the public now for security devices... and they work great!

JDM_TypeR

DownShift96GSR said:
There's a security system and this one shop in my city where that everytime the driver door opens you have to put in a code for the car to go. Its a car jackers security feature. The guy told me if you don't put the code in your car will drive for about a block and then just die. Its two buttons that have a certain sequence you gotta enter everytime the driver door opens and closes again. The whole system costed about a $1000
do you know what that "system" is called?? or where too get it?

JDM_TypeR

Todd said:
teh b00t!, yeah... they sell them to the public now for security devices... and they work great!
how much do you think the boot would cost?and where would i be able to get one? police station or police auction or somethen?

1fastTeg

why dont u just pull up and jack up ur car and place on jackstands. then take off all the wheels and place in turnk and walk around with the lug nuts in ur pocket. hehe

I wanna do a setup where i wanna run the ecu to a certain spot and just disconect when i get outta the car.
good or bad idea?

hadjie85

oh man that would be HILARIOUS!!! i acan imagine walking up on a car thief tryin to jack my car when ive unplugged the either the battery or ecu. . . haha that would be so funny. :D

mist3r Lin

I like detachable steering wheels.
However, alot of car thieves bring stuff to get around every situation.
It's hard to protect your car anymore.

hdabmwacra

check it

alright listen close none of that shit works this is where it is what you need to do is make a fuel pump bypass switch its easy and sweet when your done with it hide that shit which may be hard if your car is gutted like all mine but its easy so try it good luck