Missing O2 sensor......

chicolindopr

ok i brought my car to change the motor mounts and my boy told me dat i dont have an o2 sensor and dats y my check engine light is on...so basically my ECU is tellin my motor to slow down...he said the wiring was cut...how much is it for an O2 sensor??? an is the labor hard to install an wire it up??

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Man, you must have had horrible smelling exhaust and equally horrible gas mileage if your driving with no O2 sensor at all.
An OEM sensor that is a simple plug and play is pretty expensive, over $100, but it's guaranteed to work and is a totally simple install - stupid proof. Bosch makes an O2 for like $40, you need to butt connect the wires yourself, but the directions totally suck on which wire goes where, because the directions aern't model specific. I bought a Bosch and tried connecting it myself, I was 99.9% sure I did it right, and it still didn't work right. Pissed me off, I'd go OEM next time.

chicolindopr

dc2GS-R said:
Is your car OBD1 or OBD2?
OBD1...my friend told me also dat it would cost around $100 and he could wire it up again for me...he says i need it cuz my car isnt runnin as hard as it should...and my car flies:lol: ....but neways i was just wondering cuz i do get horrible gas mileage and my exhaust does smell a lil...( havin a big ass exhaust system dont help much either lol )

chicolindopr

shit i forgot somethin....i still have my old crashed integra also an OBD1...is da o2 sensor located on da exhaust??? cuz if so would i be able to just take da one from dat one and put it in my integra now.....da crashed one is an LS and my car now is a GSR does it matta dat its different?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That should work if the other sensor is fine. Did you say your wires were cut? Are you sure the o2 sensor you have now is bad. Maybe it just needs to be rewired

chicolindopr

dc2GS-R said:
That should work if the other sensor is fine. Did you say your wires were cut? Are you sure the o2 sensor you have now is bad. Maybe it just needs to be rewired

honestly im goin based on what my boy told me cuz he knows his hondas in and out...and he said yes they are cut...but now i remembered i can take out da one from my old 95 integra LS and just have him rewire it instead of me buying a new o2 sensor...now anotha question, how do i take out the o2 sensor from my other integra without messing it up???

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
But if the wires are cut then how does he know if the sensor that is in your car now doesn't work?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Oh, my bad. :hithead:

Guess the thread title should have given that away. lol

I bet that doesn't sound very good with an open hole in your exhaust

chicolindopr

dc2GS-R said:
Oh, my bad. :hithead:

Guess the thread title should have given that away. lol

I bet that doesn't sound very good with an open hole in your exhaust
lol its ok it happens to all of us when we skim thru da topic and shit..no big deal

well to be honest with you my exhaust sounds really nice....it sounds like an STI....so i dont know what da guy did dat had it b4 me but it doesnt sound bad...the only thing is dat my car is slammed on the floor and da headers
bottom out every time i hit a pot hole....so i gotta put my 17" bronze racing harts back on...

JDM_DB7sedan

Run ur car NOT ur mouth!
chicolindopr said:
ok i brought my car to change the motor mounts and my boy told me dat i dont have an o2 sensor and dats y my check engine light is on...so basically my ECU is tellin my motor to slow down...he said the wiring was cut...how much is it for an O2 sensor??? an is the labor hard to install an wire it up??
the 02 is gonna run u like 130 at the autoparts store. they sell also a special socket jus to remove/put on 02 sensors. its easy to do, u can DIY. the price for a new oxygen sensor is is fukn crazy tho. atleast thats what i paid for the Denso one i had to replace on my GSR.