Might buy 96 Teg with LS/VTEC, please help

os_carlover

i have the chance to buy a 96 ls vtec integra. now i am only familiar with nissan. so the question is, this guy says it has a b18a1 block and b16a2 head, itr pistons,intake manifold, 2.5 exhaust with no cat.(all from itr) dc headers. and a gsr tranny. what can i expect from this set up power wise and how reliable is this set up for street driving. it also comes with a act 6 puck stage 3 clutch. one more thing. if some one could post a picture of a gsr cluster. thanks gues for all the help :)

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Lets see, if that is the true set up you can make good power, whats is he using for tuning? Ask why'd he use a B18a1 block when 94+ tegs use b18b1 blocks. Did he put the motor together or did a shop?? Ls/vtec can be good if done right, but hardly anyone does them right, they just rush the swap. ask about the oil and water pump, like what did they come from, he should have used vtec model oil and water pumps

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
B18a block is from 90-93 non-VTEC Integras, it's a 1.8L block.
B16a head is from the 99-00 Civic Si.
Type R exhausts aern't 2.5 inches.
An LS/VTEC setup in no way requires a Stage 3 clutch, that is extreme overkill. But it's alright, it won't hurt anything except you leg, lol.

The engine has a 10.8:1 compression ratio, you'll need to buy high octane gas.

Try and find out who did the setup, because you need someone who took their time and knows what their doing to make LS/VTEC setups reliable. He should have had this setup dyno tuned, he should know the exact WHP if he did.

Crappy pic of a GSR cluster:

These are aftermarket guage faces, but they are identical in every way to the factory guages, just with a white face instead of charcoal.

Last edited:

g3teg94

94 Ls/vtec
well i have an ls/vtec setup with gsr head skunk valve train and cams itr oil and water pump ctr pistons and gsr tranny stage 1 clutch and i am putting down 195 whp

ltrain

and ask if they used a conversion kit or converted it themselves, (better if conversion kit was used,less likely to fuck something up)

Sirfallsalot243

I wouldnt buy it. I dont care who did it. I wouldnt buy a LSVTEC car that I didnt do. Not because i dont trust other people, but because Im not willing to take the risk. If LSVTEC isnt done right, it'll just blow up- and from the sounds of it, hes already done that once (hense the reason hes now got a B18A1 in there).

If I were to buy an LSVTEC, id buy it extremely cheap (lowball the shit out of him), and either part the motor, or tear into it and build it myself.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
g3teg94 said:
well i have an ls/vtec setup with gsr head skunk valve train and cams itr oil and water pump ctr pistons and gsr tranny stage 1 clutch and i am putting down 195 whp
Got a dyno sheet?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Sirfallsalot243 said:
I wouldnt buy it. I dont care who did it. I wouldnt buy a LSVTEC car that I didnt do. Not because i dont trust other people, but because Im not willing to take the risk.
What if King Motorsports built the engine?