Maybe purchasing G2 and swap

Jmoney187

LivinLow
I've had a hard time finding the right integ...some i look at are to modified or to high miles or beat up or to expensive!! bla bla bla... IF i could find a cheap G2 like $1000 or so? I might get it and do a complete motor and tranny swap along with the bolt ons etc so i could make a beast of a car!
Catch is i'm only looking to spend about $6-8,000..can a nice swap along with tires suspension etc be done for this money on a cheap enough G2??? What motor options do i have?
ANY comments and suggestions would be appriciated!

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Depending on what shape the body of the car is in, you should have no problem doing what you want for 8000! If you get a G2 that obd-0 then the east swap will be the JDM B16A1, if its obd-1 then you have they option for even easier swaps like a B18C or Newier B16. Since you already have a B Series, the swaps will bolt right up! Get some good springs and struts and some Factory 15inch wheels and you'll be good to go!

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Sweet...Once i find one with good interior condition for around $2000 then i probably wana do the B16A swap...becuz i'm do all the bolt on's...catback,headers,intake,high flow cat and maybe stage2 clutch and light flywheel, Do i even have to ask, IT WILL BE FAST RIGHT!!?? ...then cheap rims and new struts and springs...i think i'll be right aroun my budget!!

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Ok i have a lot of research to do i know but could anyone help me out on what else i will need.. These motor swaps come with tranny etc. but what specifically else will i need to have a working system??
Clutch.E/I/H/highflo cat...??? and how do i look up these items for a B16A?
Please, Help Would be MOST appriciated..thanks a lot guys!!!

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Jmoney187 said:
Ok i have a lot of research to do i know but could anyone help me out on what else i will need.. These motor swaps come with tranny etc. but what specifically else will i need to have a working system??
Clutch.E/I/H/highflo cat...??? and how do i look up these items for a B16A?
Please, Help Would be MOST appriciated..thanks a lot guys!!!
Most B_series parts are interchangeable, should be fine just getting B18 Parts. But It really depends on if you get a obd0 or obd1 motor.

Most places sell everything you need to just drop the swap in, just while you got the motor out change the water pump and timing belt and change out those old motor mounts!

g3teg97

Super Moderator
H MotorsOnline has the B16 swap (complete) for around 1800 I believe. You can also add LSD for 300. If I had a G2 that'd what I'd get. :thumbup:

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Damn thats a sweet deal... would a B18C be a cheaper buy or install?
So besides the whole motor swap all i need is I/E/H/C right? wiring harness?

I caNt Wait To GeT StaRted on ThiS TomoRrorW!!! Thanks guys!

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Jmoney187 said:
Damn thats a sweet deal... would a B18C be a cheaper buy or install?
So besides the whole motor swap all i need is I/E/H/C right? wiring harness?

I caNt Wait To GeT StaRted on ThiS TomoRrorW!!! Thanks guys!
b18c will cost more, the install price will be the same, and with a complete swap you will have everything you need! As far as the wiring goes, you'll need to know if the cars is obd0 or obd1 and if the swap is going to be obd0 or obd1

Jmoney187

LivinLow
obd1kenobi said:
b18c will cost more, the install price will be the same, and with a complete swap you will have everything you need! As far as the wiring goes, you'll need to know if the cars is obd0 or obd1 and if the swap is going to be obd0 or obd1
Cool thanks man.. but you say i wont even need exhaust, intake and all that??

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you want the B18c, be prepared to convert your clutch to hydro. The B16 you would buy comes with a cable trans, I would get the B16 with the LSD.

Just remember 90-91 OBD0 92-93 OBD1, the conversion from OBD0 - OBD1 isnt that hard to do. You would basically need, the ECU, O2 Sensor, Distributor, and the Jumper harness. Assuming the motor comes with most of that, you should only have to pick up the harness.

Jmoney187

LivinLow
I'm Looking for a 92,93 model...i'm actually looking a 93 right now, black, nice interior, body is good condition for about $3000.
With that said its OBD1...and i'm set on a B16A swap becuz i'll have more money to make it a beasty motor!!! I'm going to do the LSD and i was also thinking about doin a stage2 clutch and light flywheel... Then I/E/H/C and i think i should be able to run with a couple of ppl !!

Jmoney187

LivinLow
If i have a B16A (XSi) ... which headers do i order? If i buy them for a regular gsr or something will they fit?? Which are interchangable?

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
Jmoney187 said:
If i have a B16A (XSi) ... which headers do i order? If i buy them for a regular gsr or something will they fit?? Which are interchangable?
Get headers for a DOHC Delsol and Civic SI