Maintanence Light turned on???

chicolindopr

ok my maintanence light turned on and i gave my car a tune up but its still on...my question is, is there a way to reset that or should it reset automatically... or is there somethin i havent done to my car and dats why its still on?? and my check engine light is on also???

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
lol....

Check your codes. see if its giving you a code for something. What's the maintanence light for? Oil change? (I don't have one, so I don't know and the only light that I know of like that is the oil change one for GM)

iNOhc

Super Registered User
for the 98 tegs

if you feel underneath the dashboard to the right of the steering column; you will find a button. push and hold it until the light goes off.

Sirfallsalot243

iNOhc said:
for the 98 tegs

if you feel underneath the dashboard to the right of the steering column; you will find a button. push and hold it until the light goes off.
Not just 98+ tegs. Any G3 teg. Its a little blue button, sometimes its hard to find. Get on your back and look up with a flashlight, youll see it. I reset it on my 97LS, and my friends 94 RS.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
stick your hand underneeth the dash where the gas pedal is, there's a small black box with a button you can push to reset the maintainence light.

chicolindopr

mine is a 94. thanks alot guys ima try dat lata when i get outta work..but also what about da check engine light??? its been on since i bought the car...it was just fully rebuilt ( motor ) so could dat be a reason why??

MightyMouse

Oil change but when you get it changed, feel under the dash to the right and youll find the breaker, You just gata reset it///>

Sirfallsalot243

iNOhc said:
prolly!.. somethings not matching.. computer wise
You cant really answer that question without more information. Theres no way to tell why an engine is throwing a CEL without knowing what CEL it is. Saying its due to a rebuild or computer problem isnt accurate, since there is no way to know the cause of it.

chicolindopr

ok i did as u guys said as far as reseting the maintanence light and it worked so now its off...now ur also tellin me about da check engine light, how do i go about checkin for the code to see what the problem is??

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
he needs to jump the connector for it to flash.

The connector is behind the center counsol... I answered how to do this with pictures in a different thread. I'll search and see if i can find it for ya........