Maint Require...

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Is my maintinence requiered light suppoesed to flash like 4-5 times everytime i start my car?? I seem to remember it happening be4 but i couldnt remember at all last night when it came on if it was supposed to or now so i was all freaked out

GSROWNSU

it just needs to be reset. The switch will be a blue or green button under your dash by the steering column. Just push and hold it for three seconds and then it should be off. 8)

Jmoney187

LivinLow
Well i'm also having some problems with my cat, the internals are old and rattling around so it sounds liek loose change or bolts lol.. could it have something to do with it? I'll push the button tho

1329itr00

Type R
i think if it was something like that wrong the CEL light would come on the light your talking about the maint req'd light i think is more for like routine service on the car

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
1329itr00 said:
i think if it was something like that wrong the CEL light would come on the light your talking about the maint req'd light i think is more for like routine service on the car
yup, usually oil changes

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My maintenance Required light doesn't come on every 3,000 miles. :???:

This question has been asked 100 times. Run a search and you'll find out everything you need to know about that light, and how to get rid of it.

LStegg

1 bad LS
It only stays on when the car is due 4 a major service. I used 2 be a tech at a Honda dlrshp. and customers would freak out when it came on. The closer to the service the longer it will flash and then eventually it will stay on. The button 2 reset it is located on the bottom of the steering colum toward the dash. Push and hold it in and turn the key 2 the second click and wait till' it goes out and your set. :thumbs up

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
mines been on for almost a year lol im used to it

the cars got 141k on it now, and its one of the 95-97 hondas that got the emissions recall ... so right before it hits 150k im taking it into the dealer for free plugs, wires, dizzy, etc i got the letter right here and im sure they will turn off the light and ill be not used to it.