made some progress

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
so i got the sideskirt, fender off. Took apart the door panel ... and decided to see if i would be dent free if i hit the inside of the door hella hard ... walla. So im probably gonna return that other door i bought cause mines in better overall condition and just get a window.

I also siliconed the hell out of where that leak is ... i pored water over the car before this and i still couldnt see where it was coming in from the outside.

Anyways

Molding is still a little messed, but the door is much better than it was

The bottom of the window looks like it attaches at these two points, (pictured is one) and is on a slider of some sort, so it shouldnt be too hard to put the new one in

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
wow dont even tell me thats all birdshit on ur hood......thats such a bitch to get off sometimes

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
yea its all birdshit ... this is what happens when you park in my driveway for a week without moving, this is the first day i started working on it.

1990TeGLs

Official CI Thread Jacker
wow i hate birds especially grimey ass pigeons....the other week i parked my car under a tree ....so i went into work i come out 9 hours later and discover diarhea shit all over my car....no way in hell i was driving home like that so i had to get a wet rag and scrub that shit for literally 1 hour.....lots of poop...

G3GirL

UUUHHHH-OOOOHHHHHHH...!!!
Today 06:47 PM
1990TeGLs wow i hate birds especially grimey ass pigeons....the other week i parked my car under a tree ....so i went into work i come out 9 hours later and discover diarhea shit all over my car....no way in hell i was driving home like that so i had to get a wet rag and scrub that shit for literally 1 hour.....lots of poop...
lol haha i don't know if it's just me, but when I drive with bird crap on my car it seems to melt right into the paint and become one with it. then when i try and wash it, there's always liiiiittle remnants of bird dookie that just doesn't wanna come off so you gotta kinda go over the same spot for a good 10-20 minutes, depending on how long the craps been there. anyway :thumbs up to melt's dent-free door!

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
g3teg97 said:
Tegs without fenders look funny.
i figured id take the other one off and the hood and bumper to drop weight ... lighter than cf and much cheaper :lol:

by the way you can get the stubborn stuff off with MAYYONAISE believe it or not ... works with tree sap too.

systmdfect

Sideskirts aren't really hard to take off. It's more of a tedious pain in the ass type thing. Plus getting them back on is 10 times more fun!! :banana: At least in my case it was. Those clips behind the sideskirts just wanna be a problem no matter what.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
haha i'm finally having that water problem in my spare tire compartment too, but it doesn't really bother me much since i park in the garage and i rarely have water issues

btw you might as well and remove the driver side rear interior pieces and bang out that lil dent i see at the bottom quater panel

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
obd1kenobi said:
Yo how hard is it to take off the side skirts b/c I'm going to need to take mine off soon!
not hard at all man

theres a bunch of those gay plastic screws holding the underside to the car, then take off your front mud flap, then the whole thing slides to the back and its free.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
and of course water isnt gonna bother you when you live in SD ... you guys get what like 4 inches a year down there?