LS PROBLEM .. CLUTCH or TRANNY ?

JDMVTECSPECx

**JDM'S FINEST**
wassup . C.I. ->

okay got a 94 DB7 Integra with LS VTEC ((9,000 miles so far))
& now my shifting is weird .. i gutta shut the car off to put it in first gear & then it would shift fine . ROUGH but fine. then i cant downshift??? dont understand . Could it be the new clutch ? The tranny (( GSR Tranny BTW)) or the S/C & M/C is fucked . but the pedal aint sticking . idk people . help me out here ..

Winki

Undercover mod
sounda like your linkage or something was installed wrong. was your tranny apart at all?

JDMVTECSPECx

**JDM'S FINEST**
we had to rebuild 2nd gear . but it was fine for months . then i was in a burnout comp. with one of my boys and it started then . its been a month . when the car is OFF not running i can switch gears fine smooth when the car is on 1st - 2nd is hard as shit then 3rd smooth then to 4th hard, like its about to grind ... then when i reverse if i dont take it out gear quick it seems like it gets stuck & the car stalls ..

Winki

Undercover mod
sounds like something in the tranny. i would check your linkage but it sounds like yuor gear selector is messed up

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
That's what I would start with^

Check the master and slave cylinder. Your engage point could just be too close to the ground in the pedal travel. If it is you can adjust that by turning the master cylinder rod

Those are the cheapest/easiest things to start with.

JDMVTECSPECx

**JDM'S FINEST**
yeah well Burnouts is wack . but when your niggaz start puttin on showz you wanna do it too . BAD THING .

anyways . i changed my Slave Cylinder but not my master, cuz i see no leaks comming from the master. & im not low on Fluid im filled to the rim & the system was bled .? i agree with the shift linkage or the throwout bearing in the tranny but i dont wanna take out the tranny to see till im sure . im guess ima have to tho ..

JDMVTECSPECx

**JDM'S FINEST**
lol . im all set with that .. my boyz wanna put on shows let them . ill juss keep the car parked and enjoy the smoke ..

any ideas on good FLYWHEEL . 8lbs - 10lbs?? ima put a new ACT Stage 2 & wonderin' if i should put a 8-10lb flywheel or just resurface the Stock one like i been doin' ..

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
a lighter flywheel will make your car feel slower, fyi..

how much do you have done to the teg? your stock should be fine unless you really want to spend money..

JDMVTECSPECx

**JDM'S FINEST**
its a LS/VTEC Motor - B18B1 Block & a B16A Head . p28 ECU Tuned & reprogrammed for DOHC . USDM Type R Pistons on Eagle rods (( 10.8:1 )) Civic Type R CamShafts .. Motors runs good with the STOCK Flywheel & a Stage 2 clutch kit .

i need to get my digi cam a new battery so i can post up piks . but piks will be up soon ! ..