LS Headers direct bolt on GSR block?

gotlud3

I'm not too sure if this post belongs here or not.

But anywho, I got a 1999 GSR and I was wondering if a LS,RS,GS header will direct bolt onto my GSR block. I've tried looking for threads on this, but no one has a clear answer for it. I also asked friends, and they said that there might be some conversion that has to be done in order to direct fit the LS/GS/RS headers onto the GSR block. The LS/GS/RS headers is brand new and its for the year 1994-2001 models. Thanks alot for your help!

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
No sir a ls header will only fit 00 -01 GSR, it will fit the block, but will not bolt to the cat, its to short or long i cant remember

UnderPressure

Spoolin'
ya, the ls headers are longer, ive got gsr exhaust on my ls and i had to cut the mid pipe down like 3 inches or somethin to get the exhaust to fit, IMO id go with a dc race header, good luck man

Jmoney187

LivinLow
i have a comptech ls header on my type-r.. not by choice, only cuz i didnt have extra money for bolt-on's. But im jus waitin on my new test pipe to come in so i can put on this 2.5" header that my boy let me hold for a lil while.
It could work dude you just gota bolt it up, its possible that u may only needa do some cutting or grinding to make that bitch fit.. the main problem will be thats its probably to small of collectors for the gsr's power, then you'll be starving the motor like i am lol.
GOOD lUcLK

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
gotlud3 said:
I'm not too sure if this post belongs here or not.

But anywho, I got a 1999 GSR and I was wondering if a LS,RS,GS header will direct bolt onto my GSR block. I've tried looking for threads on this, but no one has a clear answer for it. I also asked friends, and they said that there might be some conversion that has to be done in order to direct fit the LS/GS/RS headers onto the GSR block. The LS/GS/RS headers is brand new and its for the year 1994-2001 models. Thanks alot for your help!
its HEADER!!!! not fucking headers......u only need one!!!!!

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
DC2Integ said:
Headers Header you know what he meant :roll:
its so annoying!! that , and im a dick and i like to call people out for stupic shit like that....:)