lowering my 89 teggy

Laumen

having issues, my car has springs on the back but torsion bar front end. how can i do this? i wanted to use coil overs and sleeves so i could adjust it when it snows here cause it snows hard

96GreenDB

My friend went through this with his 88. He bought some sleeves on ebay that said they would work but when we went to install them that was a no go. From what Ive read and its hard to find info, the torsion bars are adjustable somehow but I havnt found a write up yet on how. Good luck.

Kaydox

coilovers on the back. You can drop it two inches or so by loosneing the height adjustment nuts. You can also take the torsion bar out and notch it different. you should go and upgrade to a better torsion bar. http://www.shop.upgrademotoring.com has them for $285 hope this helps. finnaly figured it out

89shitegra

or crx rear lowering springs will fit and give you more drop than 2" for the rear...stock crx rear coils will give you around a half inch. to reindex the torsion bars There is no options when indexing the bar, it's one notch only. If you index 2 notches it will put you on your bump stops.
This is because it works off degrees and the arch of the control arm. If 1 notch drops you about 1.5", the second will drop you an additional 2.5", for a total of 4" lower than stock.Now, these aren't measured numbers, they are just an example, but they won't be too far off from reality.1 notch is plenty though. If you index the stock bars 1 notch, and lower ride height adjustment nut all the way you will be near flush with the fender line, to go lower you'll need upgraded torsion bars.
Now, to reindex the torsion bars you remove the height adjustment nut, remove the rear dust cap and c clip then the front dust cap and c clip then you can remove the torsion bar from the rear of the torsion tube. before you remove it mark its postion wit a grease pen or sharpie or whatnot then once its removed you take a hacksaw blade and cut a grove in the thick lug which acts as a index for the torsion bars when installed. basically your making a groove for the splines on the ends of the torsion bars. now once that is done you reinstall the torsion bar but turn it on spline clockwise from stock on the drivers side and 1 spline counter-clockwise on the passenger side...i read some tegs dont have the lug for indexing on the torsion tube but thats prolly bs...but thats where the mark you make befor you remove the torsion bar comes into play, thats your stock indexing and thats what you rotate 1 spline from...merry xmas ya filthy animals