Look What I Got ! ! ! !

SOLOTR95

OK SO I GOT PAID TODAY AND HAD MY FRIEND HOOK ME UP AT HIS PERFORMANCE SHOP AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT TODAY FOR MY GSR

SKUNK2 70MM THROTTLE BODY
SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD
AEM V2 INTAKE (BE IN TOMORROW)

TOTAL=$480.00 TALK ABOUT HOOKED UP :lol:

speedin

The Transporter
SOLOTR95 said:
OK SO I GOT PAID TODAY AND HAD MY FRIEND HOOK ME UP AT HIS PERFORMANCE SHOP AND THIS IS WHAT I GOT TODAY FOR MY GSR

SKUNK2 70MM THROTTLE BODY
SKUNK2 INTAKE MANIFOLD
AEM V2 INTAKE (BE IN TOMORROW)

TOTAL=$480.00 TALK ABOUT HOOKED UP :lol:
Very nice! Now you need the out flow. Then the fuel, then the internals, then the management, then the..... (dont you just love modding cars?)

Sirfallsalot243

That throttle body is WAY too big for any NA application. Id say almost too big for a boosted gsr. If youre NA, you want to have a 62-64mm TB max. Id get a 64 and have it ported to fit your intake mani. Maxbore makes great inexpensive throttle bodies.

speedin

The Transporter
Sirfallsalot243 said:
That throttle body is WAY too big for any NA application. Id say almost too big for a boosted gsr. If youre NA, you want to have a 62-64mm TB max. Id get a 64 and have it ported to fit your intake mani. Maxbore makes great inexpensive throttle bodies.
Maybe he plans to turbo the car. I dont see that being too large for a boost application

SOLOTR95

I Had A 68mm On My Ls With An Intake And It Ran Great. Why Would 70mm It Be To Big. And I Do Plan On Turboing My Gsr Just Not Now. Is That Bad?

Last edited:

PogKai

B20VTEC
be sure to port match the TB to the IM

HYPE-R

70 isn't to big they lie, anyways you got hella hooked up on that shit. You'll love that AEM V2 I got that shit and it is fucking huge like 4.5inch piping.

SOLOTR95

SEE THATS WHAT I KEEP HEARING ABOUT THE V2 SYSTEM. I CANT WAIT TO INSTALL IT WITH THE THROTTLE BODY AND INTAKE MANIFOLD. IM GOINDG SEE AND FEEL A BIG DIFFERENCE. HA HA HA :twisted:

speedin

The Transporter
SOLOTR95 said:
SEE THATS WHAT I KEEP HEARING ABOUT THE V2 SYSTEM. I CANT WAIT TO INSTALL IT WITH THE THROTTLE BODY AND INTAKE MANIFOLD. IM GOINDG SEE AND FEEL A BIG DIFFERENCE. HA HA HA :twisted:
as long as you have a exhaust to let it breath out.

Sirfallsalot243

MichealDelaney said:
The reason to not open it past 66+ mm is the effect on parth throttle street driving (even with a taper on the bore and good ignition mapping) , since the bigger bore just kills flow speed at the lower rpms. If you want a sluggish laggy engine in part throttle go ahead and bore it to 70mm+ if you like.65 is plenty on the bore and 62 isn't a choke job up top either. A couple of idiots I knew back in the day even got an Infiniti Q45 TB (as I recall it was somewhere in the 75mm bore ballpark) onto a B series thinking like simpletons that if a little more must be good then bigger must be better. Man did they look like fools then. You're welcome to repeat their charade for your generation.
Thats just what i found on a quick search on TI. Another reason to keep it the same is since charge piping is generally between 2 and 2.5 inches to promote good throttle response, and the stock throttle body is already larger then that, there is no bottleneck to get rid of, so no reason to go bigger. Unless you were running very high boost levels a larger unit wouldn't make a bit of difference.

Also, the inlet on the Skunk2 Pro series intake manifold is only 63.5mm. Having a 70mm TB going to a 63.5mm IM would reduce flow. If you really want a bigger IM, id go with a 64-65mm and bore the manifold to match.