LiL help on exhaust prob...

Regulator23

sooooo, i recently bought a 94 gsr from colorado, i drive it back to cali and realize i need to smog this beast... hell of it is... they guy had a custom 1-piece cat-back on the car, no resonator, pretty much straight thru....so, i cant find a stock GSR exhaust...will a LS exhaust match up, just to get the car smogged? or no?? thanks guys

-Matt

ddawgs2000

Hey Matt I live in Cali. Exhuast dont effect SMOG unless the CAT is missing. it will probably be cheeper to go to a muffler shop and get a resinator installed. As long as the intake and header have CARB numbers you should be ok.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I think all you would need is the cat, but I live on the East Coast where all I need is a cat.

ddawgs2000

California is weird. We just cant put on any old intake or exhuast system. They must have a CARB # and exhuast must be under 95 db.
example: my buddy has a 90 CRX SI. Put on this ebaby intake system. His car passed a tail pipe test, but becuase the intake didnt have a "C.A.R.B." sticker on it, his CRX failed emmissions. There are lots of stupid stuff like that out here. I could go on and on.

Regulator23

well im just gonna go to the muffler shop then and see if they can get me a mid pipe and i'll use an LS muffler heh... id just get a resonator for the current exhaust, but its 1 solid piece and its welded n stuff...soo i think it might be more to get a resonator slapped in there...

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
as long as you have a cat you are FINE! ... they do not check the loudness of the exhaust .... yet ....

currently there is a bill on the ballot that will have them test the db of the exhaust when you smog, and then if you pass with your exhaust on there you can just show any cop who says your shits too loud the result of the test.

Regulator23

the car passed with no problem, according to the tech all you need is a cat, and a cat back exhaust... you can have intake or a header, but they must be CARB legal so theres a lesson in smog may it be documented for all of time... thanks guys heh

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
So basically have an AEM intake, and a DC header. Anybody know any other CARB intakes or headers?