letter from acura

96 LS

did anyone else get an emmisions warranty extension and free service reminder from acura? i posted here because the letter says certain 95-97 vehicles. it says that if the vehicle is between 50-75k miles they will inspect the vehicles emmisions control free of charge. diagnosis, parts labor all free. when the vehicle is between 75-100k miles the dealer will again inspect emmisions control free of charge. in addition the dealer will replace spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor, change oil and filter all free!

soooo my question is what the hell is this?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
At a dealer...nothing. j/k...you'll probably have to ask someone at the dealership about it.

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
hmm thats sounds intrusting .. .if they sent me that letter my ass would be at the acura dealership getting the work done ... keep us updated with the status on this letter ...

96 LS

k, after very careful reading i figured it out. This is an agreement, acura is providing owners of certain 95-97 acuras the following benefits.
1 .the federal emmisions warranties(except california) and the california emissions warranties have been extended to 14 years from the date the vehicle was first sold or 150k miles whatever comes first.
2. when the vehicle is between 50-70kmiles the dealer will inspect emissions controls and repair or replace parts free of charge. free labor.
3. when the vehicle has between 75-150k miles the dealer will again inspect and repair or replace parts free. they will also replace spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor, change oil and filter, free.

then it goes on to say that if your vehicle fails a state smog check(which mine didnt) or the malfunction indicator lamp(read: check engine light) comes on, take the car to a dealer, under the terms of the extension the dealer will repair any EMISSIONS RELATED problem free of charge(including diagnosis parts labor).
or if there are no problems and your vehicle has between 50-75k miles then take it to the dealer for inspection. if the car has 75-150k miles take it to the dealer for inspection and the above services.

my question, do you think i could swindle the dealer into performing a leak-down test? i think my head gasket is leaking :( :shock: :cry:

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

my question, do you think i could swindle the dealer into performing a leak-down test? i think my head gasket is leaking :( :shock: :cry:[/QUOTE]

no, they wont do that for you. what it does is extend the factory warranty on emissions/obd2A parts such as converters, o2 sensors, the evaporative purge system components & its for obd2 96 & 97 vehicles.
honda/acura actually has a kit with the wires,cap & rotor all in one box, then they add plugs & an oil change for the obd service. I would definantly take advantage of it if you have over 105k miles on your 96 or 97 integra call your local Acura dealer with your vin # and mileage to see if your car qualifys, free tune up is good 8) yes I do work at a honda dealership.

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

Melt said:
my cars at 135k hmmm ... i live in ca though
just call acura w/ your vin #, they will run it & let you know if the warranty is open.