Less power after CAI install....help plz?

importknight

so i got my car up and running but i put my intake on and it feels like i lost low end, before in front of my house when i first got my car at a dead stop i could mash the gas and do alittle burnout now all it does its go *buuurrrrrrrrrr* and start goin what could be wrong, am i getting 2 much air casue all i got is the cold air o and ps its a new motor 60g miles and im goin threw like 1/8 a quart of oil a week????

importknight

k&n cold air intake with outerwrap and no oil leaks umm pretty sure im not buring oil could it be plugs and wires or maybe cloged cat or to much flow

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
any check engine lights? all vacuum line hooked up? no kinks in any sensor wires? did you unhook your battery for more than 15 mins? take the positive and negative off?

4DoorGSR

did you do the 60k service? if you did disconnect negative battery terminal, let the car sit for 20 mins then attach it, then go for some spririted driving so the ecu can adjust to your driving habits

importknight

i checked pinched wires the only one pinched is this one on the intake what is it? whats it do?

]engine[/URL]

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
that is your pcv intake port. this sucks clean air into your engine crank case to allow for proper ventilation of pcv fumes.

But the wires on your iac valve looks to be kinked try to unbend them.

your ground wire from your valve cover needs to be replaced. your headlights dim when you downshift correct??

try to unhook your entire battery for a while (15-20 mins.) if that doesn't work call the company or repost on here.

importknight

its a brand new motor the cable was disconnected for a long time and also whats a iac valve, could i need a tune up or have my valves done i dought he did anything with that just threw the new motor in.

DarkDB1

Unhook your battery for 15 minutes to reset your ECU.

My 2nd gen Sedan did this when i traded my ebay CAI for a AEM CAI... I was astonished to have lossed power so i asked a friend and he told me to reset the ECU so i did and everythings fine now :)

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
idle air control valve. it is the sensor right on top of your throttle body. it is similar to a mass air flow sensor on fords. keeps the idle speed correct