leaving the teg for a long time

fanfan

i'm leaving the country for about half a year...so i have to consider what are the options i can secure my teg

i have found a relative who lives in a safe area, and i can park on the street outside the house

I'm wondering except taking out the battery, how else can I secure the car?

I heard you can remove the ECU (that's what I read from my search topics)
as a complete noob I want to ask how do you do that? :oops:
do you have to reset it once you put it back?

what other precautions should I take?

I need some insights from you guys, thanks:lol:

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
leave id pull the Ecu,, i dont know how Tegs igntions are set up, but Pull the wiring harness from the ignition maybe...lock the doors (duh) i dunno really...put chains thru the wheels

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
you can remove the ecu or the fuse. battery too if you want. plus theres the boots you can buy to put on your car. and even the thing to lock your transmission in gear. but that only prevents it from being driven away. it can still be broken into or even towed off...

garage ftw. get yourself one of those pods. get one big enough to park your car in and just leave it there in your driveway or whatever. if i wasnt going to be around for 6 months i would really consider doing that because i dont have a garage to park in and im very paranoid about my car

fanfan

um, i'm just wondering where can i find the ecu and the fuse box? is it hard to take them out and put them back in?

i don't have the car manual with me, and i seldom work on the car (i don't do any mod to it...just enjoy it being stock)
i know i am such a noob :oops:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
there is a fuse box under your hood, and one on the left side of the driver footwell... not sure where your ecu fuse is tho off the top of my head...

Garage would be your best bet IMO