leak ... taillight or power antenna?

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
Ok so my shits got a leak somewhere ... i just got done taking out my system, carpet, spare tire, board, and i shop vacced all the water out from down there.

The spot it was the wettest was on the left (drivers side) of the trunk. My trunk seal looks good, and there doesnt seem to be any water in my back window under the panels so i think my back window seal is good too

which leads me to believe its either my left taillight or its the power antenna ... i jiggled the power antenna and it does seem a little loose

what do you guys think?

And do anyone got any tips on taking out all those plastic panels around the taillights and shit so i can get to the tails and antenna ... the trunk carpet waS bitch enough but this look even harder

1329itr00

Type R
i would like to know the same cause my friend has the same problem but on the right side(passenger)

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
also could it maybe be coming in from the wheelwells? Cause theres what looks like some sealent where it was fixed on the passenger side

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
yo check your antenna ...i bleave thats the spot .... on most g3 tegs

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
well like i said its a little loose so how do i tighten it up ... and how do i get all that plastic shit out of the way to get to the damn thing.

speedin

The Transporter
its the tail lights. i had this problem. the talight gaskets go bad. i had a write up on here. i think?

***EDIT***
ok found the post, not a write-up. but they are instructions

heres what i did (my dealer wanted $35 a piece for new gaskets) take the taillight and the gasket off, go buy some silicon (home depot has some, its called aquarium silicon) silicon around the frame and then push the gasket up against the frame and the silicon will make a nice seal. then silicon the other side of the gasket (while attached to car) and put the tail light on. there u go a nice water proof seal. worked for me and im in rainny orlando

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Leaking taillight gaskets is a common Integra problem, that's my first guess as to where the water is coming from. I had that same problem, I changed my taillight gaskets, problem solved. Their like $25 at Acura.

Edit: $24.94+shipping for 2 door Integra taillight gaskets at www.acuraparts247.com (Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, N.H.)

Last edited:

g3teg97

Super Moderator
Also check the rubber seals. I had that problem with my '97 tail lights. I got the '01 all reds and no more water except the rubber seals that i have get.

3rdGenTaffeta

99.99999999% of the time, People with that problem have bad gaskets on the tails. Also make sure that all the nuts for the tails are tight

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
theres a write up on T-I somewheres about leaky tails you should check it out has other common problems and how to fix i cant remember my password there since im never one so i cant get a linky for you

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I would put my money on the tail light. Most teg sites will have a how-to, I know g2ic does. I also need to fix this problem.

I know melt likes to take pictures, so maybe you could make us a how-to.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
ok so it is the taillight cause i tightened the antenna and it stil lleaks

im so mad that i had to take out EVERYthing to figure this out ... the fuckin plastic screws on my panel all broke

and theres water INSIDE my taillight, so i need to fix that somehow too

my friend has some black housing altezzas that dont leak, but he wouldnt get back to me on me acquiring em

speedin

The Transporter
Melt said:
ok so it is the taillight cause i tightened the antenna and it stil lleaks

im so mad that i had to take out EVERYthing to figure this out ... the fuckin plastic screws on my panel all broke

and theres water INSIDE my taillight, so i need to fix that somehow too

my friend has some black housing altezzas that dont leak, but he wouldnt get back to me on me acquiring em
dont go altezzas. im telling ya. using the silicone method i posted will save u 20 bux, and will work better and last forever. it will also seal ur taillight leak. just use some silicone around the lense (u can see their is a little grove between the lense and housing). also yes those clips always break. it happens :what: . but let me WARN you, the screws that hold the taillight on the car, just snug them. they break WAY to easly!

integrayean

inline4 whore
i have water coming out from the passenger side and i believe its coming thru these tubes i see, i stripped my interior so i can see everything thats going on. so if water is coming out from your driver side then it has to be the tubes