~Key hole damaged !

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Never even bothered to open from passenger side , but just realized it's damaged as if somebody tried to break-in . Any solutions ? The key goes in but will not turn and it looks bent open a bit as if prying was happening .

94RS

No fucks given.
On both my Integra and gf's mom's Saturn (my DD until I get the Integra fixed), I have to pull the key out a very VERY tiny bit and then it turns perfectly on both sides, both cars.

Not saying that it's the solution, but you could try it.

Rattlecan Hero

Frame Banger
Its probably just worn out. You got to remember most of our cars are 10+ years old.
For example my ignition switch is so worn out i can pull my keys out with the car running, but never really saw it as a huge problem.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
if you dont have power locks or after market alarm, i suggest getting that and a set of these

rear 4 door handles. just look at it as a security upgrade as well as fixing the problem.

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You can buy a replacement key cylinder from the dealer by giving them the VIN. You can scratch up your car and mess up stuff if you haven't done it before. I recommend paying someone unless you're very capable. It's not altogether hard though... just tedious. Try it out on some junkyard cars first if you must DIY.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
I haven't tried that method with the key in and lightly pulling out and turning yet so ill give it a go .
Buying the key cylinder , how expensive do they cost ? Easy to install ?
As far as rear 4dr handles on fronts do they sit flush or you have to custom fit ? I have power locks/windows , would it work ?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
its just like the handles you have now with no key hole. straight remove and replace

rexpepper123

if you dont have power locks or after market alarm, i suggest getting that and a set of these

rear 4 door handles. just look at it as a security upgrade as well as fixing the problem.

this is a fantastic idea! my pass side lock doesnt work either. hasnt since i got it. i replaced all the locks even the hatch a while back but i fucked up the pass side so it still doesnt open with a key. imma have to look for a handle now. thanks!

j13

Keep It Clean
DB handles and disable the hatch lock cyl. The only way in for them is to break the window.

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Nuff said thedb door handles are too dope to pass up . But how would the alarm open the doors when there is.no key cylinder ?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
the power lock solenoid is connected to the lock/unlock rod in the door. its the part next to the inside door handle that flips to lock/unlock. has nothing to do with the cylinder