jdm gs-r lsd tranny

fnb2121

i had a question i just put in a jdm gs-r lsd tranny and i need to know if the axle seals are the same as the usdm tranny becasue when i put the new axle seal in the half shaft side it didnt stop and was leaking a little tranny oil. i ended up pulling it out a little and it doesnt leak anymore but does anyone know if maybe the type r axle seals will fit and make a difference?

thank you

b18c_teg

No, JDM and USDM seals are the same, I used the USDM seals on my jdm itr tranny all the time and never leaked a bit.
Ahh I need that trany of urs =) since I can't use my 98 jdm itr tranny on my turbo set up. =/

ltrain

b18c_teg said:
No, JDM and USDM seals are the same, I used the USDM seals on my jdm itr tranny all the time and never leaked a bit.
Ahh I need that trany of urs =) since I can't use my 98 jdm itr tranny on my turbo set up. =/
y cant use the tranny on your set up

b18c_teg

Because I'm going turbo and my 98 itr tranny has the 4.7 final drive its to fast, I need a slower tranny for my turbo set up. I have an ls on the motor but it doesnt have LSD so im lookin for a jdm gsr tranny instead of installin lsd to the LS trans.

GSROWNSU

b18c_teg said:
Because I'm going turbo and my 98 itr tranny has the 4.7 final drive its to fast, I need a slower tranny for my turbo set up. I have an ls on the motor but it doesnt have LSD so im lookin for a jdm gsr tranny instead of installin lsd to the LS trans.
is the final drive ratio ok on a usdm gsr because i'm planning on turboing my gsr and i never even thought about the gearing until i ready this post?