is it worth to rebuild?

johnownsall2

Hey welll i still have my integra sitting in my driveway. I already sold driver side door, tranny, uh intake, tail lights, driver side fender head lights. The interior is gutted but i still have everything but carpet. I keep thinking about getting this thing on the road but i dont know if its worth it i have a b18a1 it has a blown head gasket. But is it worth restoring everything and the time? how much would it be to restore it just an estimate just your opinion. The car has great potential well it did until i gave up on it cuz i didnt have a job so i sold parts. Just an opinion would be great guys Thanks alot. heres what the car used to look like.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you wanna do body or looks first. up to you lots of websites on this site as well as people selling stuff here to help you rebuild the car

johnownsall2

Your saying work on the body and looks first But shouldnt i get the car able to start and then work on how it loooks?

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
Get the thing started.. and make sure you're car looks decent too.. Pending you DIY or have shop do it... It will give or take 800-2000 to get going and looking decent

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i meant motor or body. my bad. you can just get a new gasket kits online. if you want this is what you can do to your motor...

research
research
research

then take it to a machine shop to get rehoned

from there do what you want to to the head and block

johnownsall2

Yea i been researching. But since i dont make that much money car will sit for a while if i decide to actually do this will major rust come if it sits for a while? first ima drop engine buy the gasket set yea get the head rehoned or w.e. Then pick up a tranny from a local junkyard and work from there i dont know i got to see because if i think about it its probly gonna sit for another winter and i dont know much the car can handel

wite2nr

Yea i been researching. But since i dont make that much money car will sit for a while if i decide to actually do this will major rust come if it sits for a while? first ima drop engine buy the gasket set yea get the head rehoned or w.e. Then pick up a tranny from a local junkyard and work from there i dont know i got to see because if i think about it its probly gonna sit for another winter and i dont know much the car can handel
you dont need to get the block honed when you are changing a headgasket. but if you are building the bottom end I have some 81.5 itr pistons, and a gsr head if you want to go the lsv route :D but really, you can find a running ls longblock for around 500, just drop it in and be on your way.