is changing the heater core hard?

TekBuDDy

supz...i need to change my heater core..and i know i need to take out my dash..i was juss wondering if it is hard to do so..and how do i do it...i need heat in my carr....it be colder in my car than outside

TekBuDDy

it was leaking since summer time, and i never had the money for somebody to change it for me so i decided to do it my self cuz im taking a drive up to ny

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
I sugest getting a Haynes manual they have a prosedure that doenst involve taking out the dash so check it out

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I replaced the blower motor in my G2 and it was a bitch and a half. But you could do it.

1329itr00

Type R
some one told me it wasn't hard but htey did it on a hatch so i don't know how different it is... i'm sure you can pull it off though

UNDERGROUNDAUTO

cabezzzdb8 said:
I sugest getting a Haynes manual they have a prosedure that doenst involve taking out the dash so check it out
I have done a few of them, I dont think there is any possible way to do it without removing the dash..
once you take the dash out, it is pretty easy. you undo the coolat lines under the hood , REMOVE THE NUT THAT BOLTS IT THROUGH THE FIREWALL UNDER THE HOOD, I have seen people forget that nut & destroy the heater core housing when removing it. there are a few nuts & bolts that hold it to the fire wall on the inside that need to be removed, the cable to the water valve needs to be disconected, REMOVE THE WHOLE BLACK HEATER BOX (the actual core is inside that box). split apart that box & replace the core.
reverse this procedure to put it back together.
there may be a few little self explanitory things that I didnt write, but I would deffinately get the factory service (helms) manual if you are going to attempt anything like this on your own for the first time, the haynes manuals are no where near as good and I have found bad info in them already, but they are cheaper. you can get a factory service (HELMS) manual, same ones we use at the honda dealership from www.helminc.com, theese things are worth there weight in gold when doing a repair or swap yourself.

hope this helps you out some
Dave E

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
UNDERGROUNDAUTO said:
I have done a few of them, I dont think there is any possible way to do it without removing the dash..
once you take the dash out, it is pretty easy. you undo the coolat lines under the hood , REMOVE THE NUT THAT BOLTS IT THROUGH THE FIREWALL UNDER THE HOOD, I have seen people forget that nut & destroy the heater core housing when removing it. there are a few nuts & bolts that hold it to the fire wall on the inside that need to be removed, the cable to the water valve needs to be disconected, REMOVE THE WHOLE BLACK HEATER BOX (the actual core is inside that box). split apart that box & replace the core.
reverse this procedure to put it back together.
there may be a few little self explanitory things that I didnt write, but I would deffinately get the factory service (helms) manual if you are going to attempt anything like this on your own for the first time, the haynes manuals are no where near as good and I have found bad info in them already, but they are cheaper. you can get a factory service (HELMS) manual, same ones we use at the honda dealership from www.helminc.com, theese things are worth there weight in gold when doing a repair or swap yourself.

hope this helps you out some
Dave E
Hpe mines last long enough until I get rid of it, :???:

LaDY iNTEgRa 9

. . .MiSSiN dA tEg :(
cabezzzdb8 said:
those things tell you just enough to get you in trouble lol
they give some idea, but if you're really concerned i wouldn't mess with it unless you're positive you know what you're doing.