Intake Comparison

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I Drive A 2001 Acura Integra Type-r With A Comptech Intake With Ice Box. Its A Great Intake. Now My Buddy Just Got A 2001 Type-r Last Weekend And Is Wanting To Get A New Intake For It. He Likes Mine But Wants Something With Alittle More Noise.

So He Had Decided Between The Comptech Intake With Icebox And The Arc Chamber With Induction Box. Which One Do You Guys Think Is Better? I Know The Arc Is More Jdm But Im Not Sure And Wanted My Fellow Ci Members Opinion. Thanks.

heykosal

Angkorian
Yes the ARC is definitely more JDM but they're probably close to equal performance wise.

Is your caps lock broken?

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
I Heard That The Comptech Is A More Quiet Intake System What About The Arc? Is The Arc Make A More Louder Sound Than Comptech?

heykosal

Angkorian
ARC is probably louder since it isn't really muflled its kind of just a regular SRI attached to a box. I do know that your friend is going to have to shell out like $500 for the ARC box and chamber(sold seperately, mind you). IMO definitely not worth it when it probably won't make much power power than the Icebox or any regular intake for that matter.

sOuL

i gotta AEM SRI thats pretty loud when vtech hits. But man that ARC is nice....I always liked that intake lol

heykosal

Angkorian
Exactly. I also don't really like foam filters. For almost $500 for a freakin intake I think they could've provided a better filter material.

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
get a ebay intake, paint it the color you want and throw a K&N filter on it, less than 100 bucks.

heykosal

Angkorian
get a ebay intake, paint it the color you want and throw a K&N filter on it, less than 100 bucks.
Yup thats what I had on my LS. Just be careful before installing it, I had bought an SRI for my LS for $2.99 THREE DOLLARS!!!! and then like $40 for the filter. BUT when I was going to install the intake I noticed metal shavings inside the piping so BEWARE OF THIS!!! It was like some guy had bought aluminum piping bulk and then just cut and bended the pipes himself and sold them off eBay.

Honestly though it'll work just as good as any name brand SRI.

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Thanks Guys For The Info. My Gf Has In Her 2000 Gsr A Aem V2 And That Thing Is Loud When It Hits Vtec. Me And Him Both Have The Same Idea, That For A Type-r, You Got To Go All Out. No Half Assing It. Do It Right. Money Not An Option To Have That Perfect Car For Yourself.

Me Personaly LOVE TO HEAR MY ENGINE. I Love The Look Of The Arc. It Looks Sexy. Just Never Experienced With It At All. Thanks Again Guys.

Last edited:

jd94psi

Slightly Removed
exactllyy, or just take a SRI pipe from the intake kits at pep boys, thats what i did, 3'' plugged pipe with aem filter, it roars at 2g+ rpm. and sounds like i have screaming vtec, when in actuallity i have none at all

redwing24

My other ride is a Ruckus
If money is no matter, why even ask. Get them both and find out wich one you like and sell off the other to other rich Type R drivers. Im poor thats why I'm rolling K&N.