I'm idiling at 2000 rpm what could be my problem

datboyjoe

my shit it idiling way to damn high t2000 rpm tell me wat i shoould do, also wat is tha tolerance that i should set my block to fon my gsr for stock pistons, pleaase help

lsarod

Check and see if the throttle cable is snagged some where or too tense, if you give it some slack it might fix your problem. If that doesn't work it might be that your MAP sensor got wet or something and you'll need to replace but I'm sure there are other ways to check that. what kind of mods do you have on your teg?

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
is your idle flunctuating as in going up and down? if that's the case then it may be your IACV.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Wat tolurance aw you tolking abut homy. Da you men ring gap, I cat undastaaaand you whe ya spek like tis.

datboyjoe

Check and see if the throttle cable is snagged some where or too tense, if you give it some slack it might fix your problem. If that doesn't work it might be that your MAP sensor got wet or something and you'll need to replace but I'm sure there are other ways to check that. what kind of mods do you have on your teg?
the throttle cable is fine, its got some slack in it, and i looked at my butterfly to check and see if it was open stll after i let off tha gas, iono, its just after it warms up it goes to 2 grand and stays there when i stop and idle, what do u know about holming tha block to put new pistons and rings in whats tha specs on that, do u know

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
datboyjoe said:
my shit it idiling way to damn high t2000 rpm
how do you get your shit to idle? I've been trying for weeks but all it does is sit in the toilet!

datboyjoe said:
tell me wat i shoould do
boi, you shud proly tak dat shiz to cho mekanik. o figr aut wut's rong wit it...

*also eating less chinese food will help with your shit problem...

datboyjoe said:
also wat is tha tolerance that i should set my block to fon my gsr for stock pistons
wait... you want to set what to what?

datboyjoe said:
what do u know about holming tha block to put new pistons and rings in whats tha specs on that, do u know
Honing the block

you HONE. and what do you mean spec? you can put many different things in your engine... as for putting pistons and rings in, you pretty much (in short terms) "put" them in the engine. there really isn't a spec that you set anyhting to when you put parts in.

You seem not to know much about re-building engines... I don't suggest you do it yourself. I mechanic or engine builder would do you great help.

datboyjoe said:
pleaase help
then pleaase use proper english and ask questions dat make sense home boy. it wil help people be able to answer them... :thumbs up

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
what do u know about holming tha block to put new pistons and rings in whats tha specs on that, do u know
Alright, alright, enough funny shit. If your going to put new pistons in you can keep your stock bore if your cylinders are in good shape. Your best bet is to take it to a machine shop and have them check it. If your doing a bottom end rebuild I can give you the specs. I really don't know what you exactly want. Are you planning on rebuilding your block? If you want ring specs, I can give you a median to work with. If you want bearing clearance specs I can give you that also, but you really need to be more specific with what your asking.