If I go to the auto car wash, will my CAI hydrolock?

GSROWNSU

yea i was worried about that too w/ the underbody flush so i never took mine to a car wash idk tho

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
The filter element actually has to either be at least half sumerged or be driving in a torrential rain on a alf sumerged street or a big enough pot hole filled with water, its not had to get hydrolock if youre diving like a maniac on a rainy day but if youre driving like youre supposed to in the rain especcialy avoiding all the standing water youl be allright, car wash very dim chance.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I don't think it'd do anything because it's not like its using a high pressure hose and spray the front constantly.

96GSR

do you have a bypass valve? i wouldnt risk going threw the car wash like that. it depends alot on the way the car wash it built. take another of your familys car threw it just to check it out and then try. but i would not risk it. just hand wash it.

TranceSpeeder

Keep It Clean Yo!
i dont even have a cold intake yet.. wil the bypass valve work on teggs? i hear they dont work on RSX's not sure about teggs tho, ive neevr seen info on it.

96GSR

TranceSpeeder said:
i dont even have a cold intake yet.. wil the bypass valve work on teggs? i hear they dont work on RSX's not sure about teggs tho, ive neevr seen info on it.
yes a bypass valve will fit on your teg and rsx's. all you do is cut you intake pipe in half and you stick the bypass valve there. aem makes one and it cost about 40 bucks.

Black94LS

Anti Rice, Yet anti JDM
i work at a full service car wash, and there is a pressure gun at least wher ei work that is a prepping item, that pre soaks the car, its a risk man, i hydro locked my engine a while back, but man that mah fucka was submerged.

TranceSpeeder

Keep It Clean Yo!
im just gonna get an injen short ram intake. im too scared to get a cold air, i need my car wash for sure... :cry:

tonys2teg

super brother
AT THE AUTO CAR WAS IT MOVES YOUR IT SELF RIGHT??? IF SO AT IDLE YOU CAR DOES NOT MAKE A STRONG ENOUGH VACCUUM TO SUCK UP WATER IN YOUR INTAKE YOU HYDR5OLOCK IT WHEN YOU RUN THROUGH BIG PUDDLES AT HIGHGER THAN 700 RPM.BUT I SUCK A LIL WATER IN MY CAI SO I CUT IT NOW ITS A AEM SHORT RAM :lol:

DamnAznMan6

nope.

you'd be perfectly fine unless you really felt like revvin your car to excessive RPMs for fun.
or if ure worried about it, just cut your car off.