Idling Problem???

chicolindopr

ok my car just started idling higher den normal...it usually idles at 1k and now its up to 1500...why da sudden change?? den sometimes it'll drop and go back up like if i was pushin da gas...wtf is all that about??

Sammich

cleaning your FITV may help out alot. it helped the idle on mine. takes about 30mins to do the whole thing

mteg

Automatic Lover
Your Fit valve is located on the bottom of the throttle body. It acts like a choke when its cold out. You might have a vacume leak somwhere. Could be dirty injector or your fuel filter. How longs it been doing it and how often does it fluctuate? Does it do it when you first start your car or after youv'e run it for a while?

chicolindopr

mteg said:
Your Fit valve is located on the bottom of the throttle body. It acts like a choke when its cold out. You might have a vacume leak somwhere. Could be dirty injector or your fuel filter. How longs it been doing it and how often does it fluctuate? Does it do it when you first start your car or after youv'e run it for a while?

its been doin it for about 3 days now...and it doesnt fluctuate dramatically its very lightly hardly noticable but when the cars already warm it stays at 1500 RPM's and it used to be at 1k...

MoE jDm

IACV? Maybe try cleaning that. And check for vaccum leak between the tb and intake mani or the IM to head.

mteg

Automatic Lover
I don't think it would be the idle air control valve-not if it's bouncing. One thing you could do that might be a quick fix would be to check that the throttle plate in your throttle body is closing all the way. You could pull that off and clean the shit out of it. There might be a lot of gunk built up inside. If it isn't closing all the way after it's cleaned, try adjusting the nut underneath the throttle wheel (Where your throttle cabel hooks up). I doubt this came loose cause they put lots of lock tight. If you do pull your throttle body off MAKE SURE TO USE A NEW GASKET! You will get a vacume leak if you try reusing the old one. Check your throttle cable too. Since your idles not bouncing, its probably not a leak, but is probabkly very annoying-plus your wasting a lot of fuel. Hopefully this might help.

chicolindopr

mteg said:
I don't think it would be the idle air control valve-not if it's bouncing. One thing you could do that might be a quick fix would be to check that the throttle plate in your throttle body is closing all the way. You could pull that off and clean the shit out of it. There might be a lot of gunk built up inside. If it isn't closing all the way after it's cleaned, try adjusting the nut underneath the throttle wheel (Where your throttle cabel hooks up). I doubt this came loose cause they put lots of lock tight. If you do pull your throttle body off MAKE SURE TO USE A NEW GASKET! You will get a vacume leak if you try reusing the old one. Check your throttle cable too. Since your idles not bouncing, its probably not a leak, but is probabkly very annoying-plus your wasting a lot of fuel. Hopefully this might help.

thanks alot for the info...and no its not bouncing just idling higher then normal....maybe this might help me