i need nos

tegninefour

i need more power but im not sure what to get next i dont have a whole lot of money so i need somthing that would add most horse for least money

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
nos can be expensive too. especially if your finger is attracted to little red buttons. personally i dont know how much it costs to refill a bottle of nos but common sense tells that it will eventually add up. plus if it were me i wouldnt be too thrilled about using the spray with a stock engine. i would suggest using that $500 (give or take a few depending on brand and where you get it) and using it for something that has more of a constant power gain instead of just when you hit a button. or save up so you can build your engine a little more and then buy the nitrous kit if you truely have your mind set on it

CHILD

all day all JDM
being 16 years old...nitrous is probably your best bet when it comes to most power for the lowest cost.

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
speedin said:
what does age have to do with it??
money. your funds are limited when your 16 and still in school unable to work full time. even when your out of school its still tough to get the extra cash for mods

speedin

The Transporter
teg9five said:
money. your funds are limited when your 16 and still in school unable to work full time. even when your out of school its still tough to get the extra cash for mods
o, should have just said cash. eh thats me

CHILD

all day all JDM
yeah...thats all i meant by it...just the cash flow. I know how hard it is. When i was 18 and modding.....i was working a full time and a part time just so i could mod my ride. no offense

speedin

The Transporter
CHILD said:
yeah...thats all i meant by it...just the cash flow. I know how hard it is. When i was 18 and modding.....i was working a full time and a part time just so i could mod my ride. no offense
none taken, just wondering

209SpoonDC2

Another great mod at low cost that made a huge difference for me was buying chipped/recalibrated OBD1 ECU. Obviously with me having a Type R, I'll notice more difference b/c of the VTEC engagement and so forth, but you could go buy a JDM chipped ecu for your LS and still get a great amount of improvement. And you don't have to keep refilling it, lol.

www.ecuhacker.com

^check this site out. he sells them for $180 shipped I think for a OBD1 LS ECU. He will customize this ECU based on the mods you already have. It's a plug and play kinda thing. And it's not as hard on your motor like nitrous. if you still wanna do nitrous, this ecu would make the nitrous even more effecient. Honestly, it's probably the best money I've ever spent on performance mods for cheap.
I'd do the ECU first, then see how you like it. If it's not enough, get the nitrous, send the ECU back and have the guy re-tune your computer to work with the NOS. It'll be way better than the NOS on your stock ECU.

CLspec

CaliLifeSpec
NOS is the best way to go..but when u need to refill a 10pound bottle..ive spent about 40 bucks on refilln..thats expensive...i ratter save that money for gas..but its all on u wha u wanna do..

Matticus

If you want to spray, get a fpr and bump the fuel pressure up, you will be fine spraying a 100 shot with just a FPR. A friend of mine was spraying a 150 shot on stock ls with just a fpr. Another thing you may want to look into is direct port. Basically instead of having one nozzle in your intake, you have 4 in your intake manifold, that way all the cylinders are getting equal amounts of nitrous and fuel. DO NOT SPRAY A DRY SHOT ON STOCK MOTOR!!!!!!!!!! I dont care what anyone on here says do not do it.