i just bought a stage 3 clutch but.....

chicolindopr

i just bought a stage 3 clutch but i dont know where i can find betta stronger axels for it....i heard dat wit dat clutch as strong as it is i can break my axels ina matter of weeks so b4 that happens i need someone to inform me if they can where can i get betta axels and what brand and how much would it cost....thanx

Matticus

Im not really sure what your asking. How much power are you putting down to warrant buying performance axles? If your car is pretty much stock, dont mess with aftermarket axles, you will waste a ton of money. Raxle makes axles for honda b series, there are a few more companies but, I can think of them right off the top of my head right now.

chicolindopr

Matticus said:
Im not really sure what your asking. How much power are you putting down to warrant buying performance axles? If your car is pretty much stock, dont mess with aftermarket axles, you will waste a ton of money. Raxle makes axles for honda b series, there are a few more companies but, I can think of them right off the top of my head right now.
well yea my car is pretty much stock but im gonna do some basic work to it like headers exhaust and da intake i already have....but my clutch isnt grabbing dat good so i wanted to get a betta one and i got a stage 3 b/c it was actually on sale....i just need to know what type of axels would be able to hold da power of that clutch

Last edited:

Matticus

chicolindopr said:
well yea my car is pretty much stock but im gonna do some basic work to it like headers exhaust and da intake i already have....but my clutch isnt grabbing dat good so i wanted to get a betta one and i got a stage 3 b/c it was actually on sale....i just need to know what type of axels would be able to hold da power of that clutch
autozone special, you dont need to upgrade your axles. Just keep the stock ones. I have been running on an unsprung clutch for some time (clutchmaster stage 5 i think). You dont need to upgrade the axles when you upgrade the clutch. When you start making real power then you may want to start thinking about performance alxes.

chicolindopr

Matticus said:
autozone special, you dont need to upgrade your axles. Just keep the stock ones. I have been running on an unsprung clutch for some time (clutchmaster stage 5 i think). You dont need to upgrade the axles when you upgrade the clutch. When you start making real power then you may want to start thinking about performance alxes.
ok sounds good cuz my car is pretty much stock lol....i'll just wait till next yr den i suppose when i get my turbo kit lol.....also i asked dis in anotha thread but no one answered me. can i put leather seats from a 95 4 door into my 95 2 dr????

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Aftermarket clutches don't create any power, they just aid in the transfer of power. You definitley don't need new axles for a Teg making less than 200whp, maybe 220whp. It's been a while since I've done my axle homework, so I don't remember the exact number you should start worrying about the axles breaking.
A Stage 3 clutch for your Integra, at this point, is gross overkill. How's it feel pushing your clutch pedal to the floor nowadays? :) Bigger is not better when it comes to clutches.