I have an 86 Acura RS

clueless

It wasnt shifting, I let it sit for about a month or two then it was shifting. When it happened I couldnt push it and I shoved it in gear finally, drove it 2 blocks in 2nd. moved it to the next driveway fine. The ? I cant figure out now is y it is going in gear. but when it is off it will only roll like 3 in. maybe before it locks up in neutral........

I think the car just wants a short shifter, but maybe it needs a linkage. where the linkage is connected to the tranny it looks like the seal is broken, also under where the shifter is. Any ideas of where I should go with this, I never had any slipping problems either, I am pretty sure its not the tranny but idk? .

clueless

It wasnt shifting, I let it sit for about a month or two then it was shifting. When it happened I couldnt push it and I shoved it in gear finally, drove it 2 blocks in 2nd. moved it to the next driveway fine. The ? I cant figure out now is y it is going in gear. but when it is off it will only roll like 3 in. maybe before it locks up in neutral........

I think the car just wants a short shifter, but maybe it needs a linkage. where the linkage is connected to the tranny it looks like the seal is broken, also under where the shifter is. Any ideas of where I should go with this, I never had any slipping problems either, I am pretty sure its not the tranny but idk? .
http://phantasmusa.com/fidanza891000.html if you have a 90-01 this is the cheapest one I could find though.....

Classa64

You are going to have to re-write this man, we need a bit more clearer explanation before anyone can help. My question's would be; With the shifter in neutral and engine running push the clutch pedal down and put the shifter in 1st, does it go into gear ? When you let the clutch out does the car move forward? lets start there.