I Have A Quick Question??? Someone Plz Answer

chicolindopr

Ok I Have A 95 Ls And I Am In Da Process Of Buyin A 2000 Si Vtec Head Wit Gsr Cams For $500....in Order For The Vtec To Work Da Right Way Must I Buy Da Si Ecu Or Can I Use A Gsr One??.....and If Neone Knows How Much Horsepower Will Dat Bring Me To More Or Less....o Yea I Assume Dat This Would Mean Dat If I Plan On Buyin Headers And A Full Exhaust It Has To Be For A B16 Since Im Changin Da Head....i Just Need Some Clarity So Someone Plz Help Me Cuz I Dont Wanna Buy All Dis And End Up Not Gettin Da Right One Or Buyin Unecesarry Parts Thanx Alot

Regulator23

uuuuhhhh....

ok #1 stop with the gangsta da's and caps n shit...just type... #2 research...look up LS-vtec online, so much info ur head will explode and #3 its not headers, its header, we arent v6's or v8's ty... u need a buncha stuff for the ls-vtec swap, it doesnt just snap into place and ur done...reasearch before u blow 500$...heh u need to the oil-line tapped....vtec solenoid, and ecu yes u will need one mapped for a ls-vtec or get a s200 and custom map it from a shop....id say go to ur local shop, explain to them that u want to do a ls-vtec swap on ur ls and they will help you out, us tellin u wat u need or how much hp u will have will do nothing, cause if dont know what to do with it...ur screwed....and u dont want a ls-vtec that leaks oil....TRUST ME...just my .02 cents

P.S. i kno teg sox is gonna see this and imma have said somethin dumb...so flame on sox, flame on :roll:

chicolindopr

Regulator23 said:
ok #1 stop with the gangsta da's and caps n shit...just type... #2 research...look up LS-vtec online, so much info ur head will explode and #3 its not headers, its header, we arent v6's or v8's ty... u need a buncha stuff for the ls-vtec swap, it doesnt just snap into place and ur done...reasearch before u blow 500$...heh u need to the oil-line tapped....vtec solenoid, and ecu yes u will need one mapped for a ls-vtec or get a s200 and custom map it from a shop....id say go to ur local shop, explain to them that u want to do a ls-vtec swap on ur ls and they will help you out, us tellin u wat u need or how much hp u will have will do nothing, cause if dont know what to do with it...ur screwed....and u dont want a ls-vtec that leaks oil....TRUST ME...just my .02 cents

P.S. i kno teg sox is gonna see this and imma have said somethin dumb...so flame on sox, flame on :roll:

what does it matta how i type u still understood it...i asked for help wit my car not my spellin or speech. but thanx for da info neways.

JH4DB858

A gsr head would be the best bang for the buck. Gsr heads gives you the most compression outta any other b-series vtec head. There are two ways you can do a ls/vtec conversion.

The first is do it the way this site does it here http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/lsvtec/lsvtec.php which is the harder way

Second is buy this Golden Eagle LS/VTEC Conversion Kit
which will make your life really easier please do not reuse stock rod bolts if you planning on reving up to 8000rpms

and with tuning you can buy a obd1 p28 ecu and tune it. Have fun

Last edited:

bongo667

I purchased the ls/vtec oil line kit from inline4.com for a project I just aborted. I'll sell you the oil line kit for $60. Never used.

siscoke

JH4DB858 said:
A gsr head would be the best bang for the buck. Gsr heads gives you the most compression outta any other b-series vtec head. There are two ways you can do a ls/vtec conversion.
what about a Type R head :s